× Members

Evidence for ESA tribunal

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98539 by citymike
Evidence for ESA tribunal was created by citymike
I have recently been given a date for my tribunal relating to being put into WRAG in 2011. I was originally given a date in Oct 2012, but this was adjourned on the same day as they wanted my medical records from my GP. As well as receiving the new date I also was sent a large envelope containing copies of my medical records for my evidence bundle. There were 210 pages and added to the papers I already had in the bundle it now means I have a total of 288 pages in my bundle. As I understand the panel only see the file the day before the hearing would you expect them to read all 288 pages.
Thanks cm
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #98544 by
Replied by on topic Evidence for ESA tribunal

citymike wrote: I have recently been given a date for my tribunal relating to being put into WRAG in 2011. I was originally given a date in Oct 2012, but this was adjourned on the same day as they wanted my medical records from my GP. As well as receiving the new date I also was sent a large envelope containing copies of my medical records for my evidence bundle. There were 210 pages and added to the papers I already had in the bundle it now means I have a total of 288 pages in my bundle. As I understand the panel only see the file the day before the hearing would you expect them to read all 288 pages.
Thanks cm

Hi cm,

The Tribunal should read through all the evidence bundle.

It may help, if you go through your Med Records, and highlight any relevant sections, as a lot of it may not be. To cover yourself, you could state that the highlighted points that you have referenced, are not exhaustive.

You could then send this list of highlighted references to The Tribunal.

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98565 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Evidence for ESA tribunal

citymike wrote: I have recently been given a date for my tribunal relating to being put into WRAG in 2011. I was originally given a date in Oct 2012, but this was adjourned on the same day as they wanted my medical records from my GP. As well as receiving the new date I also was sent a large envelope containing copies of my medical records for my evidence bundle. There were 210 pages and added to the papers I already had in the bundle it now means I have a total of 288 pages in my bundle. As I understand the panel only see the file the day before the hearing would you expect them to read all 288 pages.
Thanks cm

Hi citymike

Tribunals usually receive the appeal bundle 2-3 weeks before the hearing. As many of them are part-timers they should be reading the bundles at home and taking notes.

Good luck at the hearing

Derek
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Derek4. Reason: corrected format

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99443 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Evidence for ESA tribunal
As i have already said i have submitted all my evidence for my tribunal some time ago.
As the hearing is getting closer, is it best to send in a written submission stating how I believe I qualify for the Support Group or wait and explain at the actual hearing.
Thanks CM
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Evidence for ESA tribunal

citymike wrote: As i have already said i have submitted all my evidence for my tribunal some time ago.
As the hearing is getting closer, is it best to send in a written submission stating how I believe I qualify for the Support Group or wait and explain at the actual hearing.
Thanks CM

Tribunal panels really dislike having information being submitted on the day of the hearing, so wherever possible we recommend that everything, evidence and submissions, are sent to the Tribunal Service at least two weeks before the hearing.

If you do take information with on the day, then take copies (four for ESA and five for DLA), with you, they may accept a couple of pages, but anything longer risks your case being adjourned, or the panel refusing to accept the additional information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.