× Members

InCap to ESA

• gordoneagling
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98571 by gordoneagling
InCap to ESA was created by gordoneagling
Got the letter informing me today of the change to expect a phone followed by questionaire, just wondered which is the best pdf file to download and if there is any advice that is vital

I do admit to be scared as hell, I am 60 been on Incap since 1998 and DLA since 2001. I haven't been called in for a INcap Medical for 3 years. But expect to change.

All my problems are phyiscal, however i do get drepressed about things quite often.

I won't ramble on anymore, I would just love some help and advice

It will be greatly appreciated

Gordo

Thanks Steve for the help to get on and in here
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98573 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic InCap to ESA

gordoneagling wrote: Got the letter informing me today of the change to expect a phone followed by questionaire, just wondered which is the best pdf file to download and if there is any advice that is vital

I do admit to be scared as hell, I am 60 been on Incap since 1998 and DLA since 2001. I haven't been called in for a INcap Medical for 3 years. But expect to change.

All my problems are phyiscal, however i do get drepressed about things quite often.

I won't ramble on anymore, I would just love some help and advice

It will be greatly appreciated

Gordo

Thanks Steve for the help to get on and in here

The difficulty is that some DWP regions are intent on using up their old ESA50s, so until you actually receive the form there is no way of knowing which version you need to complete, however, if you want to start now, I would probably go with the new form, on the basis that that it has everything that the older form has.

Steve is still trying to get the final version of the ESA guides published, but the intermediate guides that are already up, cover most aspects of the changes, but do not directly relate to the new form. If that makes sense :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gordoneagling

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98576 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic InCap to ESA
Hi Ge,

As an add-on to Gordon's advice, as it seems that you are new to B&W, : Welcome to Benefits and Work

The new PDF ESA50 that Gordon refers to can be downloaded and saved to your PC from the link on this page : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Associated with this, please see :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Our ESA Claims Guides can be accessed here : ESA Claims Guides

You may find our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s and our : ESA FAQ’s helpful also.

It may be wise to contact The DWP/ATOS if your ESA50 does not arrive through the post within 14 to 21 days from now, to ensure that it has not got lost in the post.

Please repost to this topic, if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• gordoneagling
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99365 by gordoneagling
Replied by gordoneagling on topic InCap to ESA
THey could not contact me for any telephone interview as they had an old number, I tried for 5 days of 2 X 15 mins each call to get to tell my new number, I gave up and wrote to them.

I still have not had any telephone contact, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, I received the form with the following number bottom corner

ESA50 01/13

That in truth doesn't mean a lot to me whatever they send I will have to fill in. I have until 18th March to get it back to them.

I am working on a letter for my Doctor which explains how my conditions and how they effect me daily, I trust I am in time to get this to him before returning the ESA50 to Atosser's

If there is any other advice please feel free to advise....

thanks again for the help already.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99371 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic InCap to ESA

gordoneagling wrote: THey could not contact me for any telephone interview as they had an old number, I tried for 5 days of 2 X 15 mins each call to get to tell my new number, I gave up and wrote to them.

I still have not had any telephone contact, which doesn't bother me in the slightest, I received the form with the following number bottom corner

ESA50 01/13

That in truth doesn't mean a lot to me whatever they send I will have to fill in. I have until 18th March to get it back to them.

I am working on a letter for my Doctor which explains how my conditions and how they effect me daily, I trust I am in time to get this to him before returning the ESA50 to Atosser's

If there is any other advice please feel free to advise....

thanks again for the help already.

Hi ge,

As it would seem that you have received the "new" ESA50, you should use the claims guides under this heading "New ESA50 form" , on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago #99386 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic InCap to ESA
Hi GE
I am in a simular boat to yourself, been in Incap Ben for many years, it's easy for me to say dont get stressed over the arrival of this new version esa50.
If you follow the guides provided by the mods links there is great infomation there, I followed the guides when filling in my esa50 (one version before yours) they are not that much different.
Many on Incap Ben that was get put onto WRAG(CB) without a medical I was one of those.
When filling in the form read each question slowly a few times over just to get the real meaning of there phrases they use.
I made a draft to each question and edited it before finally writeing it onto the esa50 as often you think of something after the event and its to late, I done a few questions a day and it soon gets done that way as its always good to revisit your words another day and see what you have written as I changed several of my phrases after the edit, also it does not tire you out so much this way. At eash question on the ESA50 look at the guides and tailor your answer to your advantage, I paid special attension to the descriptors that applied to my conditions.
Good Luck with it

Regards Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: gordoneagling

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.