× Members

IB TO ESA WRAG WITHOUT MEDICAL

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98609 by Spanasog
IB TO ESA WRAG WITHOUT MEDICAL was created by Spanasog
I have been on IB for the past 18 years due to a fall at work which left me disabled and medically retired. I have severe pain and mobility issues.
Last October I was sent the ESA50 form and I completed it using the wonderful 'benefits and work' guide. I was then sent a work capability test appointment for the 9th January. Fifty minutes before I was due to attend I was contacted by the medical center to say that I no longer required the test due to further evidence that had been submitted- I presume that this was a doctors letter that I had sent in late.
Today I received confirmation from the DWP that I am entitled to contribution-based ESA and that I have been placed in the WRAG group.
I am baffled as to how they can place me in this group when the answers that I gave on the ESA50 clearly put me well into the support group- one of the major problems that I have is urinary and fecal incontinence which both occur at least several times a week- this alone should put me into the support group. I am currently receiving consultant led investigations into this condition which
has gradually gotten worse and is directly related to my original fall- the evidence that was provided late was a confirmation of this condition and the ongoing treatment.
Can you please advise me as to how to proceed and have you any idea how they can make such decisions without a work capability test??
Many thanks for all your help, Kerry
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98624 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB TO ESA WRAG WITHOUT MEDICAL

Kez wrote: I have been on IB for the past 18 years due to a fall at work which left me disabled and medically retired. I have severe pain and mobility issues.
Last October I was sent the ESA50 form and I completed it using the wonderful 'benefits and work' guide. I was then sent a work capability test appointment for the 9th January. Fifty minutes before I was due to attend I was contacted by the medical center to say that I no longer required the test due to further evidence that had been submitted- I presume that this was a doctors letter that I had sent in late.
Today I received confirmation from the DWP that I am entitled to contribution-based ESA and that I have been placed in the WRAG group.
I am baffled as to how they can place me in this group when the answers that I gave on the ESA50 clearly put me well into the support group- one of the major problems that I have is urinary and fecal incontinence which both occur at least several times a week- this alone should put me into the support group. I am currently receiving consultant led investigations into this condition which
has gradually gotten worse and is directly related to my original fall- the evidence that was provided late was a confirmation of this condition and the ongoing treatment.
Can you please advise me as to how to proceed and have you any idea how they can make such decisions without a work capability test??
Many thanks for all your help, Kerry

Hi K,

Welcome to the forum, :)

It is quite common to be placed into The WRAG without a face to face assessment.

As it would seem that you are in receipt of CB ESA (only) in The WRAG, the following will apply :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

See also :

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

&

Changes to ESA Sanctions

If you feel that you do qualify for The SG, you have one month to appeal using GL24 Form, which can be downloaded and printed off (you only need to print off the actual form and not all the preceding advisory notes) from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

Sse also :

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

&

What will I be paid while I appeal?

Also from our : Appeals FAQ’s

You will also find an ESA Appeals Guide on this page : ESA Claims Guides

See : Qualifying for the Support Group , from our : ESA FAQ’s

You may wish to seek professional advice, potential sources can be seen here :

Where to get advice?

See also : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could also request the ESA85A Medical Report, which should tell you how long your WRAG award should last before reassessment, and may give you some idea why you did not gain entry to The SG.

This can be done by ringing The Benefits Office on you WRAG award letter, but should be backed up with a written request.

You can make this written request formal by using a SAR, which can be dowloaded, filled in and printed off from this link :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Here is a list of potentially available : ESA Forms

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

There may also be an : ESA72 Form , there will definately be an ESA85A and an LT54.

Do not miss your one month deadline to appeal, (If that is what you are to do) if the above documents have not arrived, you can always provide extra evidence as soon as you receive them.

Once you appeal you will receive an automatic reconsideration by a different DWP DM, you should provide any fresh evidence that you may have ASAP, if you wish it to be considered at this stage.

Many members have been successfully placed into The SG at reconsideration, simply by reiterating evidence that they have already provide.

You may wish to "Favourite" this topic, at the top of this topic, for future ease of access.

Please repost here, if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.