× Members

changes of circumstances DLA form

• pixieeqw84
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98634 by pixieeqw84
changes of circumstances DLA form was created by pixieeqw84
I am in the process of filling in a changes of circumstances DLA form.
A bit of history for you, I've had severe Asthma all my life, Iam 48 year old. About 6 years ago after spell in hospital they diagnosed COPD this is a degenerative lung disease with no cure. My health was really bad, and it has been getting worse since. I Have tried to get my LRC increased about 2 - 3 years ago but got letter to say it would stay the same.
My DLA award is from 1996 is HRM and LRC Indefinitely. This exacerbation (sickness) has been going on since September - October 2012 My Consultant told me on 22/1/2013 the reason for this is because my COPD has now reached the (very severe stage) And I am suffering from life - threatening exacerbation's where even eating and talking can be difficult I have to fight to get air into my lungs i experiences chest tightness, coughing up sputum, and have increased breathlessness i will be gasping for air this makes me panic that no air is getting into my lungs that I actually pee myself it's very embarrassing and I will not be able to do anything for myself. I don't sleep well and be up 2 - 3 times a night my sleep patterns are all over the place, maybe up till 3 - 4 am and needing my nebuliser I've had 3 courses of steroids and antibiotics in the past 5 months. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis also and just been diagnosed early last year with Osteoporosis. I've high blood pressure for 2 years. I am on a lot of medication plus strong pain killers.
So any help you can give me to fill in my answers with the right wording I will be very thankful.
I will need more help with my Husbands ESA appeal he got 0 points. Maybe a DLA claim also. He is 49 He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be receiving chemotherapy or radiotherapy in a month or so. He also had a very bad back "worked hard all his life" and after a scan 29th jan 2013 showed up Arthritis in the spine also getting a big bone scan soon. Sorry i've went on a bit, but it's like i am talking about someone else still can't believe it. This is my first post so please be patient, hope its ok
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98638 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic changes of circumstances DLA form
Hello pixee and welcome to the site. As you are new, you might find this helpful

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Obviously we cannot tell you what to put on the forms but you will find a lot of help in our guides. Your DLA here

DLA claims

and your husband's ESA here

ESA claims and appeals

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Make a start with these and then come back to this thread if you have any further questions. You might like to mark this as a 'favourite' so that you can find it easily in the future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick
The following user(s) said Thank You: pixieeqw84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.