× Members

esa 50. 01/13 guide

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98659 by chuck
esa 50. 01/13 guide was created by chuck
any idea when the new guide will be on site got new style form today.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #98663 by
Replied by on topic esa 50. 01/13 guide

chuck wrote: any idea when the new guide will be on site got new style form today.

Hi c,

Hopefully Steve will have completed his update of The ESA Claims Guides by the end of the week.

See these two posts :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=96711#98023

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=96833#98578

You can check, here : ESA Claims Guides

bro58

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98675 by article
Replied by article on topic esa 50. 01/13 guide
Hi all,

recieved a form ESA 50 yesterday the new one with the cancer questions on the back page and also side effects your medication gives you on earlier front pages, think it has 01/13 written on bottom right.

I notice gordon has done a recent post refering to new ESA 50 and the old ones and a note that we should expect the boss here to have produced new guide lines by early next week.

Specific question, Gordon refers to Regulation 29 (exceptional circumstances) and I had a good look in the WCA Handbook last night here on the site but could find no updates.

Am I right in thinking a new WCA handbook will be coming out, and can we have the specific details relating to Regulation 29 so that ESA forms can be filled in accurately.

My cause for concern is this......... the taking or non taking of prescribed medcines to be considered by decision makers. :huh:

Now does this mean they will have a list of medcines that a claimant could take say for a mental Ilness, and if claimant is taking one on the list they assume claimant should be getting better and be able to work????.

All rather confusing.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards article.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98680 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa 50. 01/13 guide
article

Whilst Steve is still trying to update the guides in relation to the new Descriptors and specifically the new form, he has provided an intermediate update that covers the changes to the Regulations, if you have a look at the ESA guides in the Members area that are marked for a Decision after 28/01/13. Regulations 29 is covered on page 15.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98693 by article
Replied by article on topic esa 50. 01/13 guide
Thanks Gordon,

i notice its applys to WRAG group whilst I am in the support group, and filled in a ESA 50 in November 2012 and have heard nothing since then ie, ive been getting the support group rate of benefit since march 2012 when they changed me from wrag to support because of supporting evidence from my Doc and cognitive behaviour therapist.

Should I just fill form in like I did in november then as nothing has changed and I will again get supporting evidence?.

Much Appreciated.

article
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98700 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa 50. 01/13 guide

article wrote: Thanks Gordon,

i notice its applys to WRAG group whilst I am in the support group, and filled in a ESA 50 in November 2012 and have heard nothing since then ie, ive been getting the support group rate of benefit since march 2012 when they changed me from wrag to support because of supporting evidence from my Doc and cognitive behaviour therapist.

Should I just fill form in like I did in november then as nothing has changed and I will again get supporting evidence?.

Much Appreciated.

article

Whilst Regulation 35 has not been changed, some of the Support Group descriptors have, the changes are summarised in the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2203-esa-...al-test-change-chaos

The Guides (yet to be published), will have more detail on this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: article

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.