× Members

Holiday Abroad

• quartz
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98676 by quartz
Holiday Abroad was created by quartz
Well, I have been put in the WRAG and so at least am pleased about that, although I know it will be nigh on impossible for me to work again. My daughter lives in Spain and I am going to stay for a week for some well deserved respite. In May she is renewing her wedding vows and all the family will be there, so I am going again for rest and to get over all the anxiety I have been feeling since applying for ESA 38 weeks ago.
I rang DWP and informed them that I would be going abroad for a week and was going to inform them after I am back about the next time.
I received this am a form 16 pages long called claiming while you are abroad. Is this the norm just for going away to an EU country for one week? The form is BF5 10/11.
Do you think I can put both instances I will be away on the one form. Neither time is 4 weeks or more.
I am aware that this could have an effect on future assessments , even though it shouldn't and am prepared for this.
What do you think
With Thanks Quartz
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98684 by
Replied by on topic Holiday Abroad

quartz wrote: Well, I have been put in the WRAG and so at least am pleased about that, although I know it will be nigh on impossible for me to work again. My daughter lives in Spain and I am going to stay for a week for some well deserved respite. In May she is renewing her wedding vows and all the family will be there, so I am going again for rest and to get over all the anxiety I have been feeling since applying for ESA 38 weeks ago.
I rang DWP and informed them that I would be going abroad for a week and was going to inform them after I am back about the next time.
I received this am a form 16 pages long called claiming while you are abroad. Is this the norm just for going away to an EU country for one week? The form is BF5 10/11.
Do you think I can put both instances I will be away on the one form. Neither time is 4 weeks or more.
I am aware that this could have an effect on future assessments , even though it shouldn't and am prepared for this.
What do you think
With Thanks Quartz

Hi Q,

You have done the right thing in informing The DWP as far as the law stands. You are "supposed" to inform them if you are away from home overnight.

You could note down any future plans to travel to Spain also on this form. However, the way things are, I would also inform them when the time comes.

I see that you are aware of the possible implications with travelling abroad and your ESA award.

One of the questions they may ask at a future assessment is have you been on "Holiday", and they may make assumptions regarding this as to your travel arrangments and mode of travel, with respect to standing and sitting, mobilising etc, and whether this is contradictory to your stated limitations.

It is obviously a positive that you are aware of this.

I have heard of other people being sent such forms before travelling abroad, my best advice would be to comply with any information that they have requested.

I hope you have a good journey, and a relaxing stress free time with your daughter. :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• quartz
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #98688 by quartz
Replied by quartz on topic Holiday Abroad
Thank you so much for your very quick and helpful reply . I hope this post might also help others on the forum who may be going abroad.
Quartz

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Holiday Abroad
Just for reference, as we are always asked about this when the subject is raised on the forum.

ESA Regulatiosn 2008, Regulation 157 which covers disqualifications

157(d) is, without good cause, absent from the claimant’s place of residence without leaving word with the Secretary of State where the claimant may be found.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quartz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.