× Members

Confused. Which ESA Guide Should I Download?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98776 by leed46
Hi folks

Re: Confused. Which ESA Guide Should I Download?

On 03.02.13, a company called Atos posted me a booklet titled ESA 50 01/13; a Limited capability for work questionare. My incapacity benefit is to be terminated and replaced with an invitation to claim a new benefit- Employment Support Allowance. I have one calendar month to comply.

I understand that there have been some recent changes to this benefit and that my disabilities will now be scored against a new set of criteria and conditions. I'm having difficulty understanding which of the ESA guide(s) are applicable to me. Could I trouble someone to consider posting a link direct to the correct guide or guides for new applicants?

Kind Regards
Leed 46
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98781 by Gordon

leed46 wrote: Hi folks

Re: Confused. Which ESA Guide Should I Download?

On 03.02.13, a company called Atos posted me a booklet titled ESA 50 01/13; a Limited capability for work questionare. My incapacity benefit is to be terminated and replaced with an invitation to claim a new benefit- Employment Support Allowance. I have one calendar month to comply.

I understand that there have been some recent changes to this benefit and that my disabilities will now be scored against a new set of criteria and conditions. I'm having difficulty understanding which of the ESA guide(s) are applicable to me. Could I trouble someone to consider posting a link direct to the correct guide or guides for new applicants?

Kind Regards
Leed 46

Because the ESA50 (01/13) has also been updated and was not made available to the public until 28/01/13, we (the site owner) have been trying to catch up with the changes, he is hoping to have a fully updated guide available by the end of the week.

If you do not wish to wait, the latest available guides, which include the changes to the Regulations but not the descriptors, are available in the ESA section of the Members area under the heading 'Old' ESA50 form, decision on or after 28 Jan 2013, the following post hi-lights the "questions" that were affected by the change, and which will require the new guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2203-esa-...al-test-change-chaos

We will make an announcement in the forum when the fully compliant guides are available, but if you still need assistance, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98926 by leed46
Thanks. Appreciated. I shall keep an eye out for notification of when the revised ESA guides containing the newly revised descriptors become available. Unless they're out already and I've missed them?

Kind Regards
Leed46
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98927 by Gordon

leed46 wrote: Thanks. Appreciated. I shall keep an eye out for notification of when the revised ESA guides containing the newly revised descriptors become available. Unless they're out already and I've missed them?

Kind Regards
Leed46

They are already available in the Members area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #98935 by leed46
Brill. I should open my eyes my often. Thanks for your patience. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.