× Members

atos medical services appointment

• lisa
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98865 by lisa
atos medical services appointment was created by lisa
Hi can anyone tell me if you can get out of seeing that atos ,, i have an appointment which is too far away for me to travel , i don,t do public transport or travel on my own,,i did state on my form i wished for home visit ,, i have mental health problems border line bi bioplor , possible hypomania and anxiety ,, please does anyone have any advice i feel sick to the stomach just looking at the letter
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98871 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic atos medical services appointment

lisa wrote: Hi can anyone tell me if you can get out of seeing that atos ,, i have an appointment which is too far away for me to travel , i don,t do public transport or travel on my own,,i did state on my form i wished for home visit ,, i have mental health problems border line bi bioplor , possible hypomania and anxiety ,, please does anyone have any advice i feel sick to the stomach just looking at the letter

If you have been asked to attend an assessment then you will not be excused unless you either;

- provide additional medical evidence that allows a ATOS to make a recommendation on your claim without seeing you.

- your GP confirms in writing, that you cannot attend the ATOS Health Centre and ATOS agree to a home visit, however, however, even if your GP does provide you with a letter, ATOS are under no obligation to provide you with a Home visit, it will depend on how strongly worded the letter is worded.

If you are not granted a home visit and you do not attend then there is a good chance that your file will be returned to the DWP which may affect your benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.