× Members

atos medical services appointment

• lisa
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98865 by lisa
atos medical services appointment was created by lisa
Hi can anyone tell me if you can get out of seeing that atos ,, i have an appointment which is too far away for me to travel , i don,t do public transport or travel on my own,,i did state on my form i wished for home visit ,, i have mental health problems border line bi bioplor , possible hypomania and anxiety ,, please does anyone have any advice i feel sick to the stomach just looking at the letter
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98871 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic atos medical services appointment

lisa wrote: Hi can anyone tell me if you can get out of seeing that atos ,, i have an appointment which is too far away for me to travel , i don,t do public transport or travel on my own,,i did state on my form i wished for home visit ,, i have mental health problems border line bi bioplor , possible hypomania and anxiety ,, please does anyone have any advice i feel sick to the stomach just looking at the letter

If you have been asked to attend an assessment then you will not be excused unless you either;

- provide additional medical evidence that allows a ATOS to make a recommendation on your claim without seeing you.

- your GP confirms in writing, that you cannot attend the ATOS Health Centre and ATOS agree to a home visit, however, however, even if your GP does provide you with a letter, ATOS are under no obligation to provide you with a Home visit, it will depend on how strongly worded the letter is worded.

If you are not granted a home visit and you do not attend then there is a good chance that your file will be returned to the DWP which may affect your benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris