× Members

Which areas of the website should I refer too?

• Cat
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99007 by Cat
I want to say that I am delighted to have found this website after receiving the letter to tell me that I should expect a phone call regarding transition from IB to ESA. I received the obligatory phone call followed two weeks later by the NEW Esa form giving me just 4 weeks to complete and send back.

I have to send the form back by the 1st March and I don't want to waste time trawling through areas of the website that doesn't apply to me.

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to what downloads I would find helpful whilst filling the form in I note that there has been some changes recently so I want to make sure that the right downloads are used. I have both Medical and Mental health problmes.

Thanking you all in anticipation for any help or advice given.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99012 by bro58

Cat wrote: I want to say that I am delighted to have found this website after receiving the letter to tell me that I should expect a phone call regarding transition from IB to ESA. I received the obligatory phone call followed two weeks later by the NEW Esa form giving me just 4 weeks to complete and send back.

I have to send the form back by the 1st March and I don't want to waste time trawling through areas of the website that doesn't apply to me.

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to what downloads I would find helpful whilst filling the form in I note that there has been some changes recently so I want to make sure that the right downloads are used. I have both Medical and Mental health problmes.

Thanking you all in anticipation for any help or advice given.

Hi C,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It depends which ESA50 you have received, if it is the "older" version, (ESA50 03/11 printed at bottom left of page 1)

Then you would use the Physical and/or Mental Health Claims Guides under this heading :

" 'Old' ESA50 form, decision on or after 28 Jan 2013

Use these guides if you completed an ESA50 marked ESA50 03/11 in the bottom left corner of the first page: these were mostly sent out to claimants prior to January 28th 2013, but some were sent out later; and
the initial decision on your claim has been, or will be, made between 28th January 2013 and 27th July 2013, inclusive."

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

If it is the "new" version of the ESA50, (ESA50_012013_006_001 at the bottom of the final page) then you would use the Guides under this heading :

"New ESA50 form

If the ESA50 questionnaire you are about to complete has a final page - page 20 - headed: ‘Cancer treatment – for completion by a healthcare professional’ (the online version at least is also marked ESA50_012013_006_001 on this page) then you are subject to the full new WCA."

On the same page from the link above.

See also : ESA FAQ’s , and : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s .

Please repost here if you have any further queries.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.