× Members

esa and living in Ireland

• Diane McCloud
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99074 by Diane McCloud
esa and living in Ireland was created by Diane McCloud
Hi,
I am Diane. I paid all of my stamp in UK and became ill after a car accident in 1994 ( was a passenger). I moved to The Republic of Ireland soon after. Over the last 19 yrs I have gone from bad to worse. I was diagnosed with an over active thyroid in 1999, then my vision deterated and I now have Double vision, which was put down to a spot on my pituitary gland, which has now turned into a small dip and still double vision. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have to wear glasses for everything I do, one pair for looking at the computer, one pair for reading and one pair for seeing distance. I walk into things and fall over things all the time. I have my assessment this Friday 15th Feb, I am in a panic that when the form is sent back they change my benefit and put me in the wrag or fit to work. Can anyone give me some advice?
thank you
Diane
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leesa
11 years 2 months ago #99077 by leesa
Replied by leesa on topic esa and living in Ireland
Hi
I am new to this forum too. I had my assessment and as they say you learn from you mistakes. I have my appeal this month.
All I can say dont give them any points to give you 0 points
They try to be friendly and ask do you watch TV say - no
do you cook no I cant
do you go out/shopping - no (e.g I cant due to my limited vision)
do you clean - no
how do you pay your bills (I was asked this) D/D but partner or neighbour will do it
Just dont give them anything positive

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99094 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa and living in Ireland

Diane McCloud wrote: Hi,
I am Diane. I paid all of my stamp in UK and became ill after a car accident in 1994 ( was a passenger). I moved to The Republic of Ireland soon after. Over the last 19 yrs I have gone from bad to worse. I was diagnosed with an over active thyroid in 1999, then my vision deterated and I now have Double vision, which was put down to a spot on my pituitary gland, which has now turned into a small dip and still double vision. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have to wear glasses for everything I do, one pair for looking at the computer, one pair for reading and one pair for seeing distance. I walk into things and fall over things all the time. I have my assessment this Friday 15th Feb, I am in a panic that when the form is sent back they change my benefit and put me in the wrag or fit to work. Can anyone give me some advice?
thank you
Diane

You need to concentrate on where you meet the descriptors, for example; based on your post, your sight problems are insufficient to meet any of the descriptors, whilst they should not be completely ignored, concentrating on this aspect of your health will not be of value.

ESA Medical – What to expect

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diane McCloud

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.