× Members

esa dla

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99321 by MinaK
esa dla was created by MinaK
I am on contribution based ESA support group and DLA mid rate care
I can apply for the severe disability premium as live alone but I was told would not i have to come off contribution based ESA to do so

but one advice place is saying only way to do this is to make applicn for income based ESA but I had been told there was a separate form to just applyfor the premium without messing about with ESA?

also is the severe dis premium being stopped soon?

thanks v much
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa dla

MinaK wrote: I am on contribution based ESA support group and DLA mid rate care
I can apply for the severe disability premium as live alone but I was told would not i have to come off contribution based ESA to do so

but one advice place is saying only way to do this is to make applicn for income based ESA but I had been told there was a separate form to just applyfor the premium without messing about with ESA?

also is the severe dis premium being stopped soon?

thanks v much

The ESA Premiums are only paayable if your are receiving Income Related ESA, however, it should not be necessary for you to come off ESA(CB) in order to receive ESA(IR), as it can be paid as a top-up to your existing ESA(CB) payments.

You will need to complete an ESA3 form, which details your financial situation, which your local DWP office should be able to provide you with.

The DWP have a habit of incorrectly calculating when SDP should be payable from, it should be back dated to the first day you became eligible, this will be when you were awarded MRC if you were already on ESA, or the first day you received ESA, if you were already receiving MRC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99341 by MinaK
Replied by MinaK on topic esa dla
thanks very much
is the SDP being phased outfrom this April or beyond? I had been told something to that effect.

best wishes

More
11 years 1 month ago #99344 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa dla

MinaK wrote: thanks very much
is the SDP being phased outfrom this April or beyond? I had been told something to that effect.

best wishes

Yes and no, ESA(IR) will be replaced bu Universal Credit starting from later this year, the premiums are being replaced by allowances with the exception of SDP which is not covered, so you will receive SDP until you are transferred to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.