× Members

Advice Please

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99322 by Bloodline
Advice Please was created by Bloodline
What to do? My husband has been moved from IB to ESA in September 2012 and he was told he was in WRAG and needed to start seeing an advisor, as he is very unwell I took time off work to attend these interviews and she said he could appeal the decision to place him in that group, he did that in October but has never had a reply.

He then had a medical in November and again has heard nothing.

Last wednesday I took him for another interview and I asked advisor what is happening about his appeal, she looked on screen and said well they have received it but something has gone wrong but not sure what? Also we have decided to keep you in WRAG following your medical, so I said well no one has informed him and so how can he appeal this decision taken last November.

Question is do I complain about lack of information and to whom. After August he will receive no benefit as I work 4 days a week.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: paragraphs for ease of reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99330 by
Replied by on topic Advice Please
I'm not qualified to advise you fully on your question but you may wish to alter your username so that your entire name is not showing:

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Perhaps you will find this link of help:

Complaining to the DWP
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice Please

Shelagh Linde wrote: What to do? My husband has been moved from IB to ESA in September 2012 and he was told he was in WRAG and needed to start seeing an advisor, as he is very unwell I took time off work to attend these interviews and she said he could appeal the decision to place him in that group, he did that in October but has never had a reply.

He then had a medical in November and again has heard nothing.

Last wednesday I took him for another interview and I asked advisor what is happening about his appeal, she looked on screen and said well they have received it but something has gone wrong but not sure what? Also we have decided to keep you in WRAG following your medical, so I said well no one has informed him and so how can he appeal this decision taken last November.

Question is do I complain about lack of information and to whom. After August he will receive no benefit as I work 4 days a week.

With regard to the original appeal, you need to contact the DWP office dealing with his claim to find out what is happening with it.

As to the new assessment, again your local office should be able to tell you what is going on, if he has again been placed in the WRAG, then I am afraid that this will require a new, parallel appeal, as this new Decision will limit anything that a Tribunal panel may decide on the original assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.