× Members

This site has been a huge help!

• Arky
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99362 by Arky
This site has been a huge help! was created by Arky
:lol: Just thought I would try my first post here. Have been a member for almost a year now and an avid visitor since about 2010. This site has been a wealth of invaluable information and to read posts from people who have had similar experiences has been a great source of support as well.
Keep up the good work everyone—Claimants and Benefits & Work!
After problems and an appeal since applying for ESA in 2010, I finally started to engage in the WRAG in August of 2011. CAB advised me (in December and at an appointment set up by my advisor at ingeus, by the way) to apply for DLA, but not to be too hopeful about the outcome.
I posted the DLA application on 5/1/13.
On 8/1/13, I received a text message from the DWP which stated “Thank you for your DLA claim. It could take up to 8 weeks to make a decision, we will text you to keep you informed.”
On 11/1/13 I received my Award Letter for DLA dated 9/1/13.
On 12/1/13, I received a letter acknowledging the receipt of my claim ( dated 8/1/13 ) Weird, but that's how they work, apparently.
On 14/1/13 I received a letter (dated 9/1/13) confirming my first payment to arrive on 15/1/13.
Not sure who is running that particular operation, but that is suspiciously efficient based on my previous experiences.
The DLA went ridiculously smoothly and fast for a DWP related matter.
I hope some people will read this and find that every once in a great while things DO go right. Sadly, this seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99364 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic This site has been a huge help!
Arky

Congratulations on the DLA award and thank you for your comments on B&W.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arky

More
11 years 2 months ago #99367 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic This site has been a huge help!
Hi Arky, thanks for sharing your good news - and for your kind words about this site :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arky

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.