× Members

DLA Renewal

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99373 by Sunny Girl
DLA Renewal was created by Sunny Girl
I have been in reciept of DLA higher mobility and lower rate care for the last 12 years and my renewal is due this year (ending the middle of November). I know that the renewal forms are usually sent out a lot earlier in the year but I am wondering whether this will still be the case now that PIP is coming into force.

I try to plan ahead filling out my forms in rough but am I going to be wasting my time doing this if everything is changing?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99378 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA Renewal

Sunny Girl wrote: I have been in reciept of DLA higher mobility and lower rate care for the last 12 years and my renewal is due this year (ending the middle of November). I know that the renewal forms are usually sent out a lot earlier in the year but I am wondering whether this will still be the case now that PIP is coming into force.

I try to plan ahead filling out my forms in rough but am I going to be wasting my time doing this if everything is changing?

Hi SG,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

As it would seem that you fall under the category under this paragraph :

"From October 2013
Reassessment for PIP of fixed period DLA awards coming up for renewal, young people turning 16 and where DLA claimants with indefinite awards report a change in their condition."

From this post :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...85481&start=18#97035

In our PIP thread in The Spotlights Area above the forum, (which is updated regularly) :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...1&limitstart=0#85481

You should expect to be invited to make a claim for PIP.

With respect to PIP, there is a "DRAFT" PIP Claims Guide, top link on this page :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#pip

And further info on PIP, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip

Samples of the PIP Claims Forms etc, are included in The PIP thread in The Spotlights Area.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.