× Members

DLA question

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99432 by misssarah89
DLA question was created by misssarah89
Hello, I received a letter today saying that I'm entitled to DLA until December this year. The letter also said that if my condition is expected to not change for a while to get in touch.

Two of my main issues I have had for over 7 years and 5 years. IF anything they have gotten worse over these years and not better.

So I'm wondering if I should try to get a letter from my GP and therapist saying my condition is unlikely to improve and send it in. OR if I should just wait until my DLA runs out and apply for PIP?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sence
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: intrested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99435 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA question

misssarah89 wrote: Hello, I received a letter today saying that I'm entitled to DLA until December this year. The letter also said that if my condition is expected to not change for a while to get in touch.

Two of my main issues I have had for over 7 years and 5 years. IF anything they have gotten worse over these years and not better.

So I'm wondering if I should try to get a letter from my GP and therapist saying my condition is unlikely to improve and send it in. OR if I should just wait until my DLA runs out and apply for PIP?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sence

I am afraid that any decision you take, must be yours, all we can do on the forum is offer information.

You do not say what your current award of DLA is?

Looking back on on your posts, I sse that you currrent award was the result of an appeal which was heard about 9 months ago, if you are trying to show that your condition has deteriorated, then you must show a Change of Circumstances since the previous Decision on your claim, I am guessing this was probably the end of 2011?

So for example; if you are currently receiving Lower Rate Mobility, to be awarded Higher Rate Mobility (there is no medium rate), you would need to show that you have significant problems walking and ideally that you could not walk 50m without significant discomfort and that this problem arose last year. As you are making the request, the burden falls on you to show that there has been a change and that you meet the criteria for whichever level of care and/or mobility.

Alternatively, you can wait for your current award to expire and explain your current situation when you apply for PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99438 by misssarah89
Replied by misssarah89 on topic DLA question
Thank you, I'm currently receiving LRM and LRC.
If I were to send extra information in now, Would it be possible that my DLA claim be extended or that Id be put onto PIP earlier if I got enough points?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #99442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA question

misssarah89 wrote: Thank you, I'm currently receiving LRM and LRC.
If I were to send extra information in now, Would it be possible that my DLA claim be extended or that Id be put onto PIP earlier if I got enough points?

If you ask for your current award to be looked at again and were successful, then any new award must be given for at least a year, whether it would be longer than this, I do not know, however, you need to be aware of the following

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

There will be no transfers to PIP until October at the earliest, nothing you do now will result in your being moved to PIP any earlier.

Please look at our ESA claim guides in the Members only area, to confirm whether you meet the criteria of either Medium Rate Care and/or Higher Rate Mobility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.