× Members

New ESA50 Questions

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99441 by Asbo
New ESA50 Questions was created by Asbo
Hi

Do I have to give a phone number on the form? I am unable to attend a Face to Face assessment and am phobic of official calls and phone calls in general. I understand that under The Equality Act a reasonable adjustment would be for them to write so I wondered whether I should just not fill out that bit explaining about the problems I have on the phone.

Where it asks about any other support I am receiving, shall I mention a family member who supports me all the time as well as my GP?

Re Q15 about going out - my biggest terror is being forced to go to the Job Centre and do all that activity. Should I mention this on the form? It's the elephant in the room if I don't. I couldn't cope with the pressure, the harrassment and not being in control - should I say all these things as well as other examples?

It's really confusing to know where to send any 'extra evidence' too. It says in the letter to send them in with the ESA50 (ie to Atos), then in the next sentence it says to send to Job Centre Plus. I know others have been confused by this.

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99445 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA50 Questions

Asbo wrote: Hi

Do I have to give a phone number on the form? I am unable to attend a Face to Face assessment and am phobic of official calls and phone calls in general. I understand that under The Equality Act a reasonable adjustment would be for them to write so I wondered whether I should just not fill out that bit explaining about the problems I have on the phone.

Where it asks about any other support I am receiving, shall I mention a family member who supports me all the time as well as my GP?

Re Q15 about going out - my biggest terror is being forced to go to the Job Centre and do all that activity. Should I mention this on the form? It's the elephant in the room if I don't. I couldn't cope with the pressure, the harrassment and not being in control - should I say all these things as well as other examples?

It's really confusing to know where to send any 'extra evidence' too. It says in the letter to send them in with the ESA50 (ie to Atos), then in the next sentence it says to send to Job Centre Plus. I know others have been confused by this.

Thanks.

Hi A,

No, you do not have to provide your phone number in The ESA50.

Don't be surprised if they already have it though, as you may have provided it in the past, and forgotten about it.

You do not have to answer any calls regarding the making of a face to face appointment, if you can't due to your limitations.

Yes, you can make a formal request for "Reasonable Adjustments" under EA2010, Re : this, and include it in the ESA50.

Go into detail regarding your limitations, and why you need any "Reasonable Adjustments" to be made.

Yes, you can refer to help and support that you may receive from any source, such as a carer, relative or friend. They can even write a letter of support stating that they know you well and help you regarding your limitations on a regular basis.

You should go into detail, of how and why your limitations would preclude you from visiting any such public or strange place, such as JCP.

You should send any extra evidence along with your ESA50 to ATOS, (Copies) make sure that you put your Name, NI Number and DOB at the top of any extra pages.

Draw reference to any added evidence within the ESA50 to support the limitations that you suffer.

You could also send a "Shadow Copy" of all, to The DWP, this could be addressed : FAO The ESA Decision Maker, at the address of The Benefits Office/Centre that is on any DWP ESA letters that you have. This will ensure that The DM has access to the same information that ATOS have when coming to a decision. This option is not obligatory though, and only a safeguard.

Finally, if you wish to have your face to face recorded, (if you are to have one) it would be wise to request this now, along with The ESA50.

There is a template letter for this, titled " Letter asking for your medical to be recorded"

3rd link from the bottom on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

Finally, see :

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

I do not know whether you are using the PDF ESA50, this of course would depend on the version that you have received, the new version 01/13 is available from the link on this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99448 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic New ESA50 Questions
Hi

Thanks so much for your help, Bro58. Much appreciated. :)

Asbo

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99451 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA50 Questions

Asbo wrote: Hi

Thanks so much for your help, Bro58. Much appreciated. :)

Asbo

You're welcome A, :)

To make a request for "Reasonable Adjustments" under EA2010, you may also be required to show that you meet the definition of a "Disabled Person" under EA2010.

Best to be prepared, see :

www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.