× Members

Work capability assesement in Ireland

• Diane McCloud
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99446 by Diane McCloud
Work capability assesement in Ireland was created by Diane McCloud
Hi Everyone,

I live in Ireland and have been on Incapacity benefit up to now but they are transferring me to ESA and they required the medical examination. As I live in another country, they instructed the Irish authorities to do the examination for them and this was done last Friday. It was very nerve wrecking waiting for it following all the details you hear about these examinations. My husband came with me to help with the answers as my memory is not very good. However he stopped him saying anything from the beginning. Overall he was very friendly and polite just asked the questions on his form. I could not see what he was marking but my husband glanced half way through the examination and there were four or five circles for every question and he was filling in mainly the first or second circle from the top. I would be very grateful if anyone knows whether this is a good sign or was he marking the low scores? Thank you for all your help and assistance.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99447 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work capability assesement in Ireland

Shan100 wrote: Hi Everyone,

I live in Ireland and have been on Incapacity benefit up to now but they are transferring me to ESA and they required the medical examination. As I live in another country, they instructed the Irish authorities to do the examination for them and this was done last Friday. It was very nerve wrecking waiting for it following all the details you hear about these examinations. My husband came with me to help with the answers as my memory is not very good. However he stopped him saying anything from the beginning. Overall he was very friendly and polite just asked the questions on his form. I could not see what he was marking but my husband glanced half way through the examination and there were four or five circles for every question and he was filling in mainly the first or second circle from the top. I would be very grateful if anyone knows whether this is a good sign or was he marking the low scores? Thank you for all your help and assistance.

Hi,

All face to face assessments carried out in The UK, (Besides Home Assessments) are done so using The LiMA software on a PC.

As it appears that your assessment was carried out in The Irish Republic, and this was not the case, it would not be possible to offer any constructive comments. :)

If your forum username is also your real name, you may wish to change it, as the forum can be read by the general public, see :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Diane McCloud
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99460 by Diane McCloud
Replied by Diane McCloud on topic Work capability assesement in Ireland
Hi Bro58,

Thank you for the advice, It has now been changed.

Regards,

Shan100

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99462 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Work capability assesement in Ireland

Shan100 wrote: Hi Bro58,

Thank you for the advice, It has now been changed.

Regards,

Shan100

Yes, I have edited the name in the "quote", as well. :)

I hope you gain a positive outcome from your assessment.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.