× Members

length of esa award ?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99598 by zolazoza
length of esa award ? was created by zolazoza
hello..i have received the dreaded brown envelope today..four weeks since i completed it.
thank goodness no changes for me and i have been placed in the support group.
i have emphysema,M.E.,sacro-illiac joint dysfunction, chronic irritable bladder,clinical depression...and a few other bits and bobs.
the letter of award states that the amounts [award] apply from 16 march to 5 april.
so i dont know if the award is only for this very short period ..surely not ? can anyone clarify this for me please ? many thanks x
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99610 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic length of esa award ?

zolazoza wrote: hello..i have received the dreaded brown envelope today..four weeks since i completed it.
thank goodness no changes for me and i have been placed in the support group.
i have emphysema,M.E.,sacro-illiac joint dysfunction, chronic irritable bladder,clinical depression...and a few other bits and bobs.
the letter of award states that the amounts [award] apply from 16 march to 5 april.
so i dont know if the award is only for this very short period ..surely not ? can anyone clarify this for me please ? many thanks x

Hi zz,

Well done on staying in The SG on reassessment !!! :woohoo:

The ESA Decision Notice letter will not include the expected length of you SG award before you are reassessed, (The Prognosis).

The dates that you quote are only pertinent to how much benefit you will be paid, and seems to correspond to payment up until the date of the annual rise in benefits April 2013.

To find out the prognosis of your SG award you could phone the number on your letter, they will probable have it "on-screen".

However, you may also wish to request a copy in writing.

You should request your ESA85A Medical Report, this should have the prognosis, and give you some idea of how and why you were placed into The SG.

There will also definately be an LT54, and there may be an ESA113, if one was sent to your G.P. and an : ESA72 Form

See : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If you have any problems obtaining the above, you could make a formal request using a SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.