× Members

Bedbound, placed in WRAG

• MissPink
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99779 by MissPink
Replied by MissPink on topic Bedbound, placed in WRAG
Hi sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had.
Echoing a previous post, I have also had ME/CFS for 10 years, and been on IB for most of that time.
My claim was recently migrated, and initially placed in the WRAG.
I asked for a reconsideration, and appeal, and within a few weeks got a reply saying I am now in the Support Group - no appeal required in the end.
I did not attend a medical either.
When they wrote to me inviting me to the Work Focussed Interview I wrote back to advise that I was appealing the decision to place me in the WRAG, and was not able to attend in any case as I was not well enough.
The interview was cancelled.
I may have been lucky - don't know!
I did however have a very helpful and sympathetic Complaints Officer at the DWP who listened carefully to my case, and may well have made a difference.
If you haven't already, check out the template letter on here for asking for a reconsideration, I used this successfully, and it might work for you too.
Also - try and get some help from a local advocate if you can find one - CAB or Welfare Rights or try the ME Association or Action for ME.
Above - best of luck, and don't give up!
MissPink
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: corrected topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99834 by Dannan
Replied by Dannan on topic Bedbound, placed in WRAG
Thank you everyone. I am going to appeal. I was told over the phone about three months ago that the final decision had already been made (I sent my form off in August time I believe), and that I was to be placed in the support group. I was told then that this was the final decision and I'd receive that in writing. This letter informing me that I was actually placed in the WRAG came three months after. I feel I have a strong case for appeal from this. I also provided a lot of information with my original form.

I will try for an oral hearing, and see if I can possibly attend myself although that is unlikely with my current health.. Apparently I can have representatives go on my behalf? I have multiple people offering to go for me if so.. I'll send them all in together :) But we'll see.

If anyone can provide anymore help or encouragement I would appreciate it. I'm still very scared but I will appeal this.

Also sorry for any strange typos, I now see I made one in the title. Brain not working properly
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: corrected topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.