× Members

Bedbound, placed in WRAG

• MissPink
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99779 by MissPink
Replied by MissPink on topic Bedbound, placed in WRAG
Hi sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had.
Echoing a previous post, I have also had ME/CFS for 10 years, and been on IB for most of that time.
My claim was recently migrated, and initially placed in the WRAG.
I asked for a reconsideration, and appeal, and within a few weeks got a reply saying I am now in the Support Group - no appeal required in the end.
I did not attend a medical either.
When they wrote to me inviting me to the Work Focussed Interview I wrote back to advise that I was appealing the decision to place me in the WRAG, and was not able to attend in any case as I was not well enough.
The interview was cancelled.
I may have been lucky - don't know!
I did however have a very helpful and sympathetic Complaints Officer at the DWP who listened carefully to my case, and may well have made a difference.
If you haven't already, check out the template letter on here for asking for a reconsideration, I used this successfully, and it might work for you too.
Also - try and get some help from a local advocate if you can find one - CAB or Welfare Rights or try the ME Association or Action for ME.
Above - best of luck, and don't give up!
MissPink
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: corrected topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99834 by Dannan
Replied by Dannan on topic Bedbound, placed in WRAG
Thank you everyone. I am going to appeal. I was told over the phone about three months ago that the final decision had already been made (I sent my form off in August time I believe), and that I was to be placed in the support group. I was told then that this was the final decision and I'd receive that in writing. This letter informing me that I was actually placed in the WRAG came three months after. I feel I have a strong case for appeal from this. I also provided a lot of information with my original form.

I will try for an oral hearing, and see if I can possibly attend myself although that is unlikely with my current health.. Apparently I can have representatives go on my behalf? I have multiple people offering to go for me if so.. I'll send them all in together :) But we'll see.

If anyone can provide anymore help or encouragement I would appreciate it. I'm still very scared but I will appeal this.

Also sorry for any strange typos, I now see I made one in the title. Brain not working properly
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: corrected topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris