× Members

ESA85A Query?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99731 by jackmalanak
ESA85A Query? was created by jackmalanak
Am I correct in saying there are two different ESA85A forms?

The Sample I downloaded from the DWP Website is ESA85 03/10 and has seven small sections on Page 1, each having it's own tick box for the Approved Disability Analyst to fill in.
The one I received on request from the DWP is ESA85 without the 03/10 is a single page form and has just 3 small sections apart from the Declaration at the end.

The first section is headed ADVICE
which states that I meet Support Group criteria

The second section is headed PROGNOSIS
which states that work is unlikely in the long term

The third section is headed JUSTIFICATION OF ADVICE
which gives the reasons why I have limited capability for work

Are there two slightly different ESA85A forms both basically providing the same information or am I missing something here? :unsure:

Jack
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99734 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA85A Query?
Hi Jack,

The ESA85 is produced when the claimant has a face-to-face assessment ('medical'). The ESA85A is produced when a decision is made without the claimant being seen face-to-face.

BTW, is your username your real name? Many people prefer to use an alias on a public forum like this. If you wish to change your username, please see the information in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #99785 by jackmalanak
Replied by jackmalanak on topic ESA85A Query?
Thanks for the reply Mrs Hurtyback but you seem to have slightly misread my original post.
The form I received from the DWP was indeed an ESA85A but the sample form I had downloaded earlier from DWP was headed ESA85A 03/10. Both of them ESA85A forms but with slightly different names.

Also thanks for asking but no Jack isn't my real name, it's not even my real gender. :whistle:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.