× Members

WRAG and Support Group

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99776 by Judith
WRAG and Support Group was created by Judith
Having been on IB for 16 years I know nothing about these support groups which I keep finding reference to. Could someone please explain to me what happens. I have my assessment on Thursday and have no idea what to expect then or afterwards. I have been trailling through this site but cannot get my head around it.
Can you please explain the difference between the two groups and what happens to me if I do not get into either groups? The authorities have not given me any information all they said was that my benefit was changing from IB to ESA and they needed to check if I qualified.
Currently I am in a high state of anxiety which only triggers most of my health conditions. I will be 61 in June, am in no state to work but need the benefits and I am very worried.
Also during the assessment will they be asking me the same questions that I h ave already adequately answered on the form which I returned?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99786 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WRAG and Support Group
Hi Judith,

Entitlement to ESA is based entirely on meeting certain 'descriptors'. These carry a point value and the claimant needs at least 15 points to be awarded ESA. This will get the claimant put into the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) and thus be obliged to undertake certain work related activites, such as interviews at the JobCenter, but not to seek or undertake paid work.

Qualifying for the WRAG

[url= Work Focussed Interviews ][/url]

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #99788 by slugsta
Sorry - pressed 'submit' in error :blush:

I will continue where I left off in a minute...

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #99791 by slugsta
Someone in the WRAG might also be mandated to take part in the Work Program

Work Programme

People currently on IB will be migrated to contributary ESA. After 365 days in the WRAG this will cease and become income-related if the claimant qualifies, otherwise payment will stop.

There is another group of ESA called the Support Group. Entrance to this is not points related but based on meeting specific criteria

Qualifying for the Support Group

Claimants in the Support Group get a little more money, do not have to undertake Work Related Activity and time is not limited like it is in WRAG.

If you do not get into either group you can appeal.

If you have your assessment in a few days, you should familiarise yourself with this

ESA Medical – What to expect

The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

• Judith
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99793 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic WRAG and Support Group
Mrs Hurtyback

I have followed the reference you have given me for information on the medical but I cannot find anything that is appropriate. That is why I have just asked what do they ask me etc. etc.
It is absolutely crazy that 18months away from retirement pension that I am put through all of this. I have had nothing to do with a Job Centre for 30 + years. When the NHS dispensed with me in 1997 following 12 months off sick I have not had to send in sick notes just had assessments about 4 times in that time.

I am feeling a little disappointed because I thought that by subscribing I would be able to access relevant information but it is not proving so.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #99794 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WRAG and Support Group

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.