× Members

DLA awarded indefinitely

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99783 by stereopurr
DLA awarded indefinitely was created by stereopurr
I was awarded DLA at the lowest rate of care component from 26/11/2009 for an indefinite period. I am now 68 years old. I received a repeat claim form in December 2012 and was visited by an ATOS doctor on Saturday 23 February 2013.

As I had an indefinite award should I have been sent a repeat claim form at all?

Re PIP, it is for working age claimants and I am obviously not one of those. What happens to people like me?

Hope you can help with some advice. Many thanks.

Diane Buchanan :(
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA awarded indefinitely

stereopurr wrote: I was awarded DLA at the lowest rate of care component from 26/11/2009 for an indefinite period. I am now 68 years old. I received a repeat claim form in December 2012 and was visited by an ATOS doctor on Saturday 23 February 2013.

As I had an indefinite award should I have been sent a repeat claim form at all?

Re PIP, it is for working age claimants and I am obviously not one of those. What happens to people like me?

Hope you can help with some advice. Many thanks.

Diane Buchanan :(

Even those with Indefinite awards can be re-assessed under the Right Payment Programme, see

The Right Payment Programme

Whilst the Government keeps referring to DLA claimants of working age, the actual criteria are those over 16 and under 65, so as it stands you should be excused being transferred to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: stereopurr

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99814 by setanta
Replied by setanta on topic DLA awarded indefinitely
hi all,iam much the same, low and behold now i have got a dla reassessment form just after the esa questionaire.
i think its maybe right payment programme but strange arrives at this time as esa is also being looked into.
i wonder can i ask,I was placed in the support group for esa and wrote to request esa50a form,I received this and it said considered long term condition would It be wise to include this as proof of my entitlement to dla and send it in as evidence with my dla questionaire.

ps I was also indefinitely.

setanta
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA awarded indefinitely

setanta wrote: hi all,iam much the same, low and behold now i have got a dla reassessment form just after the esa questionaire.
i think its maybe right payment programme but strange arrives at this time as esa is also being looked into.
i wonder can i ask,I was placed in the support group for esa and wrote to request esa50a form,I received this and it said considered long term condition would It be wise to include this as proof of my entitlement to dla and send it in as evidence with my dla questionaire.

ps I was also indefinitely.

setanta

Yes you can do this, but to be clear, being placed in the ESA Support Group does not "entitle" you to DLA, it will just be treated as another piece of medical evdence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: setanta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.