× Members

DLA good news and bad news..Help!

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99818 by peggy2
DLA good news and bad news..Help! was created by peggy2
:side:
Hi all, keep up the fab work, me /we all need you more than ever :silly:

Not posted for some time, health took turn for worse! You may recall during late 2012 I was sent Renewal forms to re-apply for DLA if I still wished to continue claiming, at that time my current award was High rate mobility and middle rate care. I returned the form and supporting GP letters and report. But my DLA benefit was stopped, based on a 12 month old ESA Atos medical report, still has ongoing complait! you may recall I appealed with your help guides, CAB etc., the CAB advisor believed they had not even been bothered to read my DLA claim form or supporting information. About 3 weeks ago I received information from DLA which on one hand is really good news but on the other hand leaves me very very confused on what to do next. DLA wrote to say they had changed the decision so the Appeal would not continue, and I was now awarded High rate care for an indefinite period from the date it had been stopped in November 2012 and also Low rate care for an indefinite period. I have received my back dated payment. I am unsure what to do next as I feel the middle rate care should not have been lowered to LRC as my conditions and difficulties have not improved from the DLA original decision before the renewal date forms and if anything are worse which my GP as advised in his supporting letter. What options do I have, Do I ask them to reconsider the further supporting information which I believe they have missed. Do I just appeal again? What options are there ? It also effects me and my partner re ESA and Disability premiums.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99825 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA good news and bad news..Help!
Hi meg, I am sorry to hear that your health has worstened :(

You can ask for the appeal to be reinstated if you are not happy with the result of the reconsideration, but you do have to be aware that you run the risk of losing what you already have.

Your original post is a little confusing - please will you confirm that you have now been awarded High Rate Mobility and Low Rate Care?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.