× Members

Received ESA50 form today

• Katie
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99858 by Katie
Received ESA50 form today was created by Katie
I have been on ICB for 8 years and receive DLA high care and mob. Received ESA50 form today.
I am hard of hearing and the consultant said hearing aids would not help me. I have balance problems and I am up at night with being sick. I can't go out without someone and I am sick and I lose control and can't cook as I have burnt mysellf when my balance went,I can't have a shower on my own etc. I am really worried as I could not hold down a job. I have only 18 months to go until I receive my state pension.
Will I get no points for my hearing as I can write.and will I get no points for my balance ?
I would be thankful for any advice .
Katie
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99866 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received ESA50 form today

Katie wrote: I have been on ICB for 8 years and receive DLA high care and mob. Received ESA50 form today.
I am hard of hearing and the consultant said hearing aids would not help me. I have balance problems and I am up at night with being sick. I can't go out without someone and I am sick and I lose control and can't cook as I have burnt mysellf when my balance went,I can't have a shower on my own etc. I am really worried as I could not hold down a job. I have only 18 months to go until I receive my state pension.
Will I get no points for my hearing as I can write.and will I get no points for my balance ?
I would be thankful for any advice .
Katie

The important thing is to relate your physical conditions to the ESA Descriptors, so for example do your problems with balance affect your ability to mobilise or to stand, you say that you have problems with your hearing, one of the Descriptors covers this, again going out is covered.

Please have a look at our ESA Claim guides which explains what each of the questions on the ESA50 actually means and explains how to relate each of your conditions to them, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

If you have any questions, please reply to this topic.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Katie
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99872 by Katie
Replied by Katie on topic Received ESA50 form today
Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I have had a bad night last night so I am going to forget about the form today, and look at it again tomorrow.
Kate
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.