× Members

ESA

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99870 by Poppy
ESA was created by Poppy
Hi, just wondering what the likelyhood is of being placed in WRAG group and the support group. I have sent in a report form my psychiatrist and GP which both state that it is very unlikley that I will be able to return to work before retirement age due to mental illness etc. Is that enough, it seems pretty clear to me.
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99876 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA

Karen Greaves wrote: Hi, just wondering what the likelyhood is of being placed in WRAG group and the support group. I have sent in a report form my psychiatrist and GP which both state that it is very unlikley that I will be able to return to work before retirement age due to mental illness etc. Is that enough, it seems pretty clear to me.
Thanks

Hi,

This is where a lot of claimants and G.P.'s get confused.

If you are placed in The WRAG, they are admitting that you are "unfit" for work, in that you have LImited Capability for Work, (LCW)

To be placed into the SG, you must prove that you also have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity, (LCWRA)

Work Related Activity, (WRA) obviously includes WFI's etc.

Therefore, one may be " unfit" for work, and have LCW, but you must then also show that you are "unfit" for work related activity, in that you also have LCWRA.

This is the major difference between IB and ESA.

With IB, you were either "fit" for work or "unfit" for work.

With ESA you have three options, "fit" for work, LCW or LCWRA.

Therefore it would help further if you letters of support could also draw reference to you having LCWRA, as well as LCW.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.