× Members

IB to ESA: a couple of questions.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99909 by summertrain
IB to ESA: a couple of questions. was created by summertrain
I rang ATOS to see what was happening about the ESA50 I sent in recently with regards to the transfer from IB to ESA. They said that the file had been returned to the DWP as there was enough evidence to make an award based on the information given.
So it would appear that I will be in WRAG or SG, thanks to your excellent guides. :)

So, do the DWP contact you by phone as a matter of course to let you know the result, as this is a transfer from IB to ESA? And how long is it likely to be before I hear something?

I
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99913 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to ESA: a couple of questions.
That is good news! You should be notified of the decision in writing and I would hope that this will not take too long now that the decision has been made.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99941 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic IB to ESA: a couple of questions.
I aso wanted to ask will the DM have sight of the original ESA50 with the file they return, as if ATOS recommend WRAG, the information given in the ESA50 was pointed towards SG.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA: a couple of questions.

summertrain wrote: I aso wanted to ask will the DM have sight of the original ESA50 with the file they return, as if ATOS recommend WRAG, the information given in the ESA50 was pointed towards SG.

The DM should review all of the information including the ESA50 and any evidence attached to it, before making a Decision on a claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Judith
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99953 by Judith
Replied by Judith on topic IB to ESA: a couple of questions.
Hi

Firstly let me say summertrain I am very pleased for you :)

I have read several posts on these forums where people are being transferred from IB to ESA without a medical assessment. I filled my form in very comprehensively but I have to go for an assessment and cannot understand why. On IB 16 years, had 4/5 assessments whilst on IB, am 61 this year and reach retirement next September. Is it just bad luck that they have sent for me or could I have done something/many things wrong on my form. I did tick a lot of "it varies" boxes but I did explain each time. At this moment it feels like a personal attack especially as they obviously did not read my form - they have sent for me on a day when I already have another medical appointment so I know they didnt read that info :(
How long after assessment will I hear the outcome - they initially phoned me just before Christmas so this has already been hanging on for 2 months - no wonder my hypertension is extremely high and that is with 5 pills a day. My assessment is tomorrow and in my 16 years of IB and ill-health retirement I have never felt so frightened.

More
11 years 2 months ago #99957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA: a couple of questions.
Judith

Whilst we often hear of IB claimants being moved to ESA without an assessment, the reality is that the majority are required to attend one so I do not think you can draw any conclusions as to the quality of your ESA50.

The following FAQ and the link it contains will give you a better understaing of what will happen during the interview.

ESA Medical – What to expect

The time to a Decision can be quite variable and again is not a reflection of what has been submitted, some lucky claimants have a result in a couple of weeks, others have waited 5 months for one, there is really no way to pre-empt how it will take.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Judith

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.