× Members

living seperatly

• Trish
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99988 by Trish
living seperatly was created by Trish
Hi, i wondered if anyone can help on this subject, i live in the same house as my husband but we live seperatly and have done for the last 7 years or so, i now claim esa, and to make sure i am entitled to housing beefit and council tax benefit they say i need a home visit to prove we live seperatly, we have seperate bedrooms and seperate kitchens we just share the same bathroom, does anyone know what sort of questions etc they will ask....many thanks....Trish
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #99996 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic living seperatly

Trish wrote: Hi, i wondered if anyone can help on this subject, i live in the same house as my husband but we live seperatly and have done for the last 7 years or so, i now claim esa, and to make sure i am entitled to housing beefit and council tax benefit they say i need a home visit to prove we live seperatly, we have seperate bedrooms and seperate kitchens we just share the same bathroom, does anyone know what sort of questions etc they will ask....many thanks....Trish

Hi T,

I am afraid that I cannot provide a definitive answer to your question.

I should imagine that they will be looking for evidence that even though you both live in the same property, you are not doing so as a "couple"

I should also think that they will want to look around your property for evidence that may support this.

Sorry, this is the best that I can offer. :(

bro58

• Trish
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #99999 by Trish
Replied by Trish on topic living seperatly
Thank you Bro58, i basically wondered if they can look at our bank accounts, as we still have a joint account, only because its easier if either one of us needs money in an emergency or if one of us cant get to the bank to pay a bill then the other can etc, although i do have my own seperate account which my esa is paid into. sorry this is long winded my first time on the forum, and like in real life i dont shut up lol :)

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100003 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic living seperatly

Trish wrote: Thank you Bro58, i basically wondered if they can look at our bank accounts, as we still have a joint account, only because its easier if either one of us needs money in an emergency or if one of us cant get to the bank to pay a bill then the other can etc, although i do have my own seperate account which my esa is paid into. sorry this is long winded my first time on the forum, and like in real life i dont shut up lol :)

Hi T,

You will have to comply with any requests that they make regarding information.

It is highly likely that they will want to see written documentation regarding both of your finances.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.