× Members

ESA questionaire- support group without medical?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100022 by camhurst
Hello,
I am new to forum but have seen the good work done here to help people. I sent the ESA50 off four weeks ago with evidence of extensive NHS consultant treatment over many years, and two consultants and my GP confirming I can only walk 5 yards. I have no single firm diagnosis (three different ones) and wonder if this matters with so much evidence. Is this enough for direct into support group ? Also, how long can a decision take on a transfer over to ESA? It seems to be anything between 3 weeks and 3 months.
Many thanks,
Cam.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100028 by bro58

camhurst wrote: Hello,
I am new to forum but have seen the good work done here to help people. I sent the ESA50 off four weeks ago with evidence of extensive NHS consultant treatment over many years, and two consultants and my GP confirming I can only walk 5 yards. I have no single firm diagnosis (three different ones) and wonder if this matters with so much evidence. Is this enough for direct into support group ? Also, how long can a decision take on a transfer over to ESA? It seems to be anything between 3 weeks and 3 months.
Many thanks,
Cam.

Hi C.

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

The letters of support from your Consultants and your G.P. should help.

I note that you only mention "Walking" limitations, are you aware that to qualify under The "Moving Around" "Mobilising" activity, you must also show that you can not mobilise the the prerequisite distance by using a manual wheelchair unaided, if it would be reasonable to do so ? even if you have never used one.

This is covered in our : ESA Claims Guides for Physical Health Conditions.

With regards to your other question, I'm afraid it is one of those "How long is a piece of string" question. There is considerable variability in time taken to come to a decision, see :

How long until they make a decision? , from our : ESA FAQ’s

You may find further helpful information in our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.