× Members

From Me / Fibromyalgia TO Parkingson Disease

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100157 by terdun9
Hi there i know i have not been here in a long time there as been a lot going on, Not all good i afraid.

Well i been the normal F/myalgia and arthritis and arthritis in feet and everything else i have been looking after my husband who has ME and has had a lot of health issue over the last 2 1/2 years we been getting on with all them as we do.

Just fine then the dreaded letter drop on the mat about going from Income support to ESA for a medical.waited for the day to get here went to the medical then sat there for over a hour late get to the room the nurse asked him a few questions then the bomb shell she asked my husband how long has he had Parkingson Disease well can you imagine the look on our faces.

We said dose he she then said she was very sorry but we have to come back another day because the doctor is running 2 hours late already we said well yeah if that's what we have to do.

The first thing i did when we got home was to phone out pharmacist to ash them there as we have used them for many years what the drug she has been given back in October 2010 are for she came to the phone and said so sorry Jacqui i thought you knew that Tel had Parkinson Disease i said no nothing at all.

The drug is Half Sinemet CR 50MG 2 @ night it is meant to help with the body movements at night kicking out twitching and such.

I then made a appointment at our doctors he said more or less the same as the pharmacy did right "i`m sorry you have not been told"i was going mad in my head sorry you not brrn told arhhhh so my husband and i said we will wait till we have seen DWP and then go from there well we had the medical today he was Polish not bad English and i must say we were quite happy with him apart from the fact he said yes you do have PD.

What do we do now do we tell DLA and CA about it and he has had it so long and now hubby is worried about the decisions makers and what they are going to think he wants to ask for a 2nd opinion what do you think we need to do now please can anyone help.

Thank you for reading sorry its so long

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Spaced out paras for ease of reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100162 by bro58

Jacqui wrote: Hi there i know i have not been here in a long time there as been a lot going on, Not all good i afraid.

Well i been the normal F/myalgia and arthritis and arthritis in feet and everything else i have been looking after my husband who has ME and has had a lot of health issue over the last 2 1/2 years we been getting on with all them as we do.

Just fine then the dreaded letter drop on the mat about going from Income support to ESA for a medical.waited for the day to get here went to the medical then sat there for over a hour late get to the room the nurse asked him a few questions then the bomb shell she asked my husband how long has he had Parkingson Disease well can you imagine the look on our faces.

We said dose he she then said she was very sorry but we have to come back another day because the doctor is running 2 hours late already we said well yeah if that's what we have to do.

The first thing i did when we got home was to phone out pharmacist to ash them there as we have used them for many years what the drug she has been given back in October 2010 are for she came to the phone and said so sorry Jacqui i thought you knew that Tel had Parkinson Disease i said no nothing at all.

The drug is Half Sinemet CR 50MG 2 @ night it is meant to help with the body movements at night kicking out twitching and such.

I then made a appointment at our doctors he said more or less the same as the pharmacy did right "i`m sorry you have not been told"i was going mad in my head sorry you not brrn told arhhhh so my husband and i said we will wait till we have seen DWP and then go from there well we had the medical today he was Polish not bad English and i must say we were quite happy with him apart from the fact he said yes you do have PD.

What do we do now do we tell DLA and CA about it and he has had it so long and now hubby is worried about the decisions makers and what they are going to think he wants to ask for a 2nd opinion what do you think we need to do now please can anyone help.

Thank you for reading sorry its so long

Hi J,

What a shock this must have been for both of you !!!! :ohmy:

There is a chance that The DLA Unit may already be aware of this.

They may have contacted your G.P. . and he may have informed them in the form of a report.

My first step would be to ask your G.P. whether he has in fact informed The DLA unit regarding your hubby's PD.

If he hasn't it may be wise to inform them in writing.

The main issue regarding DLA is, have his Mobility Limitations and/or his Care Needs increased or decreased to such an extent that he may qualify for a higher award, or should he now be receiving a lower award ?

As I told another member earlier today, it is not the medical condition in itself that qualifies a claimant for a DLA Award, it is the resulting Mobility Limitations and/or Care Needs.

bro58

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100168 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic From Me / Fibromyalgia TO Parkingson Disease
Thank you Bro 58
Yes it was quite a sock that's for sure, ..... well i say that but being told that and having suspected it for a while anyway. at the moment he is on H MC and M CA At the moment but knowing that they want you to report any changes should l do it his award runs out march 2015 so we are wounding should we just keep it to our selfs or not leave it till he get worse he/we is managing at the moment.

Thank you

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100172 by bro58

Jacqui wrote: Thank you Bro 58
Yes it was quite a sock that's for sure, ..... well i say that but being told that and having suspected it for a while anyway. at the moment he is on H MC and M CA At the moment but knowing that they want you to report any changes should l do it his award runs out march 2015 so we are wounding should we just keep it to our selfs or not leave it till he get worse he/we is managing at the moment.

Thank you

Hi J,

I would discuss it with your G.P. first, as I have previously suggested.

I see that he is currently in receipt of MR Care, have his care needs increased since the time of his previous award ?

Have a read of our : DLA Guides , and see what you think.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris