× Members

esa sg, do i go for dla

• cath
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100408 by cath
esa sg, do i go for dla was created by cath
Having just got into the sg after sending of form, found out from them recieving it to date of letter, 2 weeks, i am delighted, without a medical, i still cant get my head round it. waiting for them to say they have made a mistake, even though i have my fair share of illnesses. Just a coulple of questions?
Would i be rocking the boat if i requested the length of time in group.
From recieving letter, to it showing in my bank esa. instead of ib, it will be about 5 weeks when they said my money would go up, is this usual?

Have been asked by welfare rites to try for dla on several occasions, but after getting turn down and after appeal ten year ago, swore i would not put myself through it again, i never felt so degraded and such a liar, thats how i felt.

I was told i should try again, but after stress and anxiety as you all well know, of filling in the esa form, i just dont know if i could do it all again, would you definately need a medical with it or would they look at my esa form, and can i copy that onto the dla as its all recent and nothing has changed. would it rock the boat claiming dla after recieving sg? one more thing if i went ahead and applied, and a medical was requested could i just throw in the claim or would that have consequences, its all been to much and i know you cant tell me what to do, but some advice would be appreciated,

Thanks for all your hard work, and its nice to know, we are all going through it together. Them fat cats at the top just dont realise that they are making us worse, trying to kill us all off me thinks!

Thanks again
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #100411 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa sg, do i go for dla

cath wrote: Having just got into the sg after sending of form, found out from them recieving it to date of letter, 2 weeks, i am delighted, without a medical, i still cant get my head round it. waiting for them to say they have made a mistake, even though i have my fair share of illnesses. Just a coulple of questions?
From recieving letter, to it showing in my bank esa. instead of ib, it will be about 5 weeks when they said my money would go up, is this usual?

Have been asked by welfare rites to try for dla on several occasions, but after getting turn down and after appeal ten year ago, swore i would not put myself through it again, i never felt so degraded and such a liar, thats how i felt.

I was told i should try again, but after stress and anxiety as you all well know, of filling in the esa form, i just dont know if i could do it all again, would you definately need a medical with it or would they look at my esa form, and can i copy that onto the dla as its all recent and nothing has changed. would it rock the boat claiming dla after recieving sg? one more thing if i went ahead and applied, and a medical was requested could i just throw in the claim or would that have consequences, its all been to much and i know you cant tell me what to do, but some advice would be appreciated,

Thanks for all your hard work, and its nice to know, we are all going through it together. Them fat cats at the top just dont realise that they are making us worse, trying to kill us all off me thinks!

Thanks again

Hi C,

I remember you receiving your ESA50 just before Xmas. :(

This is great news, well done !!!! :woohoo:

Thank you for your comments regarding our site.

No you would not be rocking the boat, many members have requested this information.

Again making a fresh claim for DLA is not rocking the boat, and should have no adverse effect on your SG award.

In some respects the qualifying criteria for ESA SG is stricter than DLA, with mobilising in ESA the use of a manual wheelchair is considered, with DLA it is simply a walking test.

With regards to requesting the required information, see my post from earlier today :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=97231#100404

If you are to make a claim for DLA you need to do so before April 8th, after that, all new claims will be for PIP.

Many claimants are unsuccessful in their initial claim for DLA, you should not let this put you off, especially if you are being told to apply by a Welfare Advice agency.

We know of members who have had to apply 2,3, or more times before being successful.

Here are our : DLA FAQ’s , and DLA Guides

See also :

DM Guide :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

Here are links to the information within the site on PIP :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=85481#85481

Good luck. :)

bro58

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100415 by bro58
Hi C,

I missed one of your questions.

"Most" DLA claims involve a Home "medical", you can cancel a claim for DLA anytime that you wish. I can't really advise on any adverse implications that this may cause.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #100436 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

cath wrote: Having just got into the sg after sending of form, found out from them recieving it to date of letter, 2 weeks, i am delighted, without a medical, i still cant get my head round it. waiting for them to say they have made a mistake, even though i have my fair share of illnesses. Just a coulple of questions?

Thanks again

Hi C,

I remember you receiving your ESA50 just before Xmas. :(

This is great news, well done !!!! :woohoo:

Thank you for your comments regarding our site.

No you would not be rocking the boat, many members have requested this information.

Again making a fresh claim for DLA is not rocking the boat, and should have no adverse effect on your SG award.

In some respects the qualifying criteria for ESA SG is stricter than DLA, with mobilising in ESA the use of a manual wheelchair is considered, with DLA it is simply a walking test.

With regards to requesting the required information, see my post from earlier today :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=97231#100404

If you are to make a claim for DLA you need to do so before April 8th, after that, all new claims will be for PIP.

Many claimants are unsuccessful in their initial claim for DLA, you should not let this put you off, especially if you are being told to apply by a Welfare Advice agency.

We know of members who have had to apply 2,3, or more times before being successful.

Here are our : DLA FAQ’s , and DLA Guides

See also :

DM Guide :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

Here are links to the information within the site on PIP :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...id=10&id=85481#85481

Good luck. :)

bro58

Just to clarify on the April 8th start date for new claims for PIP, this is only for claimants in certain pilot areas :

From 8 April 2013 new claims to PIP will be taken in the controlled start
area in the North West and part of the North East of England.

From June 2013
New claims to PIP will be taken in all remaining areas of Great Britain.

So it will only be April 8th if you living in one of the controlled start areas of the country. :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-toolkit-factshee...13-new-claimants.pdf

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.