× Members

Already Awarded DLA but now over 65

• Jill Davison
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100684 by Jill Davison
Already Awarded DLA but now over 65 was created by Jill Davison

Hi
I am new to this site so i apologise if there is a post similar to mine already on.

I am wondering if anyone can help me please.

My father got awarded DLA higher rate mobility , and lower rate care. He got this approx 7 years ago following a tribunal. His award was indefinitely. He got it due to heart problems.

I understand that he can be re-assessed etc at anytime.

However over the last 3 years his health has slowly got worse, and his care needs increased alot, having had chemo, and lots of other health issues.

I understand that if you ask them to look at the change in your circumstances they can look and re-assess the whole claim. But can my father even ask them to look at his care element or not as i gather it is AA over 65. ???

Hope i make sense in what i am trying to ask .

Many Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100688 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Already Awarded DLA but now over 65

Jill Davison wrote:

Hi
I am new to this site so i apologise if there is a post similar to mine already on.

I am wondering if anyone can help me please.

My father got awarded DLA higher rate mobility , and lower rate care. He got this approx 7 years ago following a tribunal. His award was indefinitely. He got it due to heart problems.

I understand that he can be re-assessed etc at anytime.

However over the last 3 years his health has slowly got worse, and his care needs increased alot, having had chemo, and lots of other health issues.

I understand that if you ask them to look at the change in your circumstances they can look and re-assess the whole claim. But can my father even ask them to look at his care element or not as i gather it is AA over 65. ???

Hope i make sense in what i am trying to ask .

Many Thanks.

Welcome to B&W, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In principle, he can notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances and aks for only the Care component to be looked at, however, if the DWP believe there is reason to also look at the Mobility part as well, then they are entitled to do so.

It is important to be sure that he is entitled to a higher rate of care before progressing this as a failure risks his current DLA award and if he is now over 65, he will have no way back onto DLA without appealing an adverse Decision.

Have a look at our DLA Claim guides in the Members Only area for more detail of what Medium and Higher rate Care involve.

If you have further question, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jill Davison
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100801 by Jill Davison
Replied by Jill Davison on topic Already Awarded DLA but now over 65
Hi

Thanks for your reply was really helpful.

Can i get a DLA434 form online i have tried looking but maybe i am looking in wrong place..

I believe this is the form i need for him.

Thanks again

Jill
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Already Awarded DLA but now over 65

Jill Davison wrote: Hi

Thanks for your reply was really helpful.

Can i get a DLA434 form online i have tried looking but maybe i am looking in wrong place..

I believe this is the form i need for him.

Thanks again

Jill

As far as I am aware it is not online, happy to be proved wrong :)

You need to notify the DWP of your Change of Circumstances and they will send you a form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jill Davison
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #100849 by Jill Davison
Replied by Jill Davison on topic Already Awarded DLA but now over 65
Hi Gordon,

I am afraid i can not prove you wrong !!!

Once again thanks for advice and pointing me in the right direction.

Your a STAR !!

Jill

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.