× Members

ESA WRAG to Support Appeal

• knokes
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100799 by knokes
ESA WRAG to Support Appeal was created by knokes
HI everyone,

My husband is currently appealing against WRAG placement, we have received the case notes from DWP and are in the process of putting our evidence together.

In the case notes, the nurse who assessed him has stated that she considers that he cannot reliably initiate or complete 2 sequential personal actions. This seems to fulfil descriptor 11 under the support group criteria.

However, she has gone on to say that she doesn't consider he has limited capability for work related activity.

My understanding is that just one of the support descriptors need to apply for the majority of the time, in order to qualify for the support group/component.

It seems to me that this should effectively win the appeal for us - does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Thanks
Knokes
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100802 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA WRAG to Support Appeal

knokes wrote: HI everyone,

My husband is currently appealing against WRAG placement, we have received the case notes from DWP and are in the process of putting our evidence together.

In the case notes, the nurse who assessed him has stated that she considers that he cannot reliably initiate or complete 2 sequential personal actions. This seems to fulfil descriptor 11 under the support group criteria.

However, she has gone on to say that she doesn't consider he has limited capability for work related activity.

My understanding is that just one of the support descriptors need to apply for the majority of the time, in order to qualify for the support group/component.

It seems to me that this should effectively win the appeal for us - does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Thanks
Knokes

The note you refer to would suggest that he meets the SG criteria;

11 (a) Cannot learn how to complete a simple task, such as setting an alarm clock

I can only suggest that you draw the DWP Decision Makers attention to this whilst you are still in the Reconsideration phase, hopefully this will result in the Decision being revised.

However, I would recommend that you do wholely rely on this, and submit further evidence and/or submissions to support his claim to be in the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• knokes
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #100805 by knokes
Replied by knokes on topic ESA WRAG to Support Appeal
Thanks Gordon - unfortunately we didn't receive the papers until the decision had been reviewed and they have not changed the decision, hence we are continuing with the appeal.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100814 by Gordon

knokes wrote: Thanks Gordon - unfortunately we didn't receive the papers until the decision had been reviewed and they have not changed the decision, hence we are continuing with the appeal.

It is a long shot, but you could try writing a letter to the Decision Maker, explaining what you have found in the report and stating that based on this evidence from the ATOS assessor your husband should have been placed in this SG.

They may just ignore it, but they might just look at the Decision again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #100828 by Gordon
knokes

Just wanted to add, I quoted the 15 point descriptor for Question 11 rather than Support Group :blush:

The SG descriptor is

11. Initiating and completing personal action (which means planning, organisation,
problem solving, prioritising or switching tasks).

Cannot, due to impaired mental function, reliably initiate or complete at least 2 sequential personal actions.

Sorry if this caused any confusion.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.