× Members

appealing WRAG- support group criteria?

• pip
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100808 by pip
i'm considering a reconsideration or appeal after being placed in WRAG last week from IB/ ESA transfer. can you tell me what the criteria for the support group are beyond those for the WRAG?
thankyou.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100811 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appealing WRAG- support group criteria?

pip wrote: i'm considering a reconsideration or appeal after being placed in WRAG last week from IB/ ESA transfer. can you tell me what the criteria for the support group are beyond those for the WRAG?
thankyou.

Please have a look at the following FAQ

Qualifying for the Support Group

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pip
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100831 by pip
Replied by pip on topic appealing WRAG- support group criteria?
thankyou. just read understanding ESA (jan 2013), and you need to have one of the descriptors on the list apply for most of the time. now, i have a fluctuating mental illness condition. am i to ask for reconsideration or appeal based on how i was when i sent in the ESA50 and had the home visit medical (nov 2012), or how i am now, mar 2013? thank you

More
11 years 2 months ago #100838 by Gordon

pip wrote: thankyou. just read understanding ESA (jan 2013), and you need to have one of the descriptors on the list apply for most of the time. now, i have a fluctuating mental illness condition. am i to ask for reconsideration or appeal based on how i was when i sent in the ESA50 and had the home visit medical (nov 2012), or how i am now, mar 2013? thank you

Any Appeal or Reconsideration can only consider your condition as it was at the time of the assessment (e.g. 11/12).

Please make sure that you are referring to the correct guides in the Members Only area, as the 2013 guides only apply to Decisions made after 28/01/13.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• pip
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100862 by pip
Replied by pip on topic appealing WRAG- support group criteria?
thankyou. just checked the earlier ESA guide. whilst any reconsideration/ appeal would refer to how i was at the assessment in nov 2012, i am obliged to tell the DWP if my condition changes. with my mental illness condition, getting better and getting worse is part of its cyclical nature and despite the treatment i get. also how can DWP medics make a realistic prognosis with a cyclical and long term condition? thank you.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100868 by Gordon

pip wrote: thankyou. just checked the earlier ESA guide. whilst any reconsideration/ appeal would refer to how i was at the assessment in nov 2012, i am obliged to tell the DWP if my condition changes. with my mental illness condition, getting better and getting worse is part of its cyclical nature and despite the treatment i get. also how can DWP medics make a realistic prognosis with a cyclical and long term condition? thank you.

You do not need to tell the DWP about an improvment or deterioration in your condition unless there is an expection of the change lasting for a reasonable time, so if your condition fluctuates over a period of weeks or a couple of months, there should be no need to contact them, however, and this is just an illustration, if the variation was over years, then you should contact the DWP.

The way to deal with fluctuating conditions is to consider how you are for the majority of the time and how you are when you are at your worst, and to provide them with details, so you might say;

for the majority of the time, 5 days out of 7 I am... 1 day a week my condition is worse and I can only do...

I hope this helps

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: pip

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.