× Members

Epiletic Fits

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100820 by spasm
Epiletic Fits was created by spasm
I am writing this for Spasm, as he is not too good at the moment, but is concerned over his epilepsy and the increase of fits. He had a very long drawn out episode yesterday which was witnessed by a nurse, 2 paramedics and family members. He is asking if under the points system of the ESA, is it 3 fits a week or 3 a month which classes you for 15 points on the form? He has no warning that the fits are coming on, they just happen.
Sorry for being a pain, but he cannot read anything as this brings on a fit and he wants to know the information from the people he trusts.

Thankyou in advance,
Spasms' wife
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100821 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Epiletic Fits

spasm wrote: I am writing this for Spasm, as he is not too good at the moment, but is concerned over his epilepsy and the increase of fits. He had a very long drawn out episode yesterday which was witnessed by a nurse, 2 paramedics and family members. He is asking if under the points system of the ESA, is it 3 fits a week or 3 a month which classes you for 15 points on the form? He has no warning that the fits are coming on, they just happen.
Sorry for being a pain, but he cannot read anything as this brings on a fit and he wants to know the information from the people he trusts.

Thankyou in advance,
Spasms' wife

The 15 point descriptor requires one "involuntary episode of lost or altered consciousness resulting in significantly disrupted awareness or concentration" in a week

There is no corresponding Support Group descriptor to this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #100822 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Epiletic Fits
I am sorry to hear that Spasm is unwell.Please pass on my good wishes.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100823 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Epiletic Fits
Hi,

Which can be see here, at Activity 10 (a) :

WRAG (LCW) Descriptors

Please give my best regards to spasm. :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.