× Members

Appeal

• Mrs Fuse
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100826 by Mrs Fuse
Appeal was created by Mrs Fuse
Hi have this week received papers from DWP following reconsideration stating that they are sending my case to appeal. Currently in WRAG following reassessment but feel i still meet criteria for entry into Support Group, hence the reason for first asking for reconsideration.

I included supporting letters from my GP, family member and friend who help with my care. Should I try and get more supporting evidence to send to tribunal service and if so any suggestions as to what i should send.

I requested dcotors scoresheet from dwp but did not receive it, is it too late to request this again with a view of the information in this helping with my appeal.

Hope this makes sense to you as i am so confused

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100834 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appeal

Mrs Fuse wrote: Hi have this week received papers from DWP following reconsideration stating that they are sending my case to appeal. Currently in WRAG following reassessment but feel i still meet criteria for entry into Support Group, hence the reason for first asking for reconsideration.

I included supporting letters from my GP, family member and friend who help with my care. Should I try and get more supporting evidence to send to tribunal service and if so any suggestions as to what i should send.

I requested dcotors scoresheet from dwp but did not receive it, is it too late to request this again with a view of the information in this helping with my appeal.

Hope this makes sense to you as i am so confused

Thanks in advance

If you can source additional relevant evidence that pertains to the date of the original Decision then it may be to your advantage to do so, but equally, if you believe you have already done this then you should not feel required to.

Whilst technically you have one month to submit any further information to the Tribunal Service, the reality is that they will accept further documents up and till about two weeks before the hearing.

You are entitled to the missing documents, I would chase the DWP and if necessary raise a Subject Access Request.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #100840 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Appeal
Hi MF,

Please see the information on the links below regarding issuing a SAR :

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

&

www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/personal_information.aspx

bro58

• Mrs Fuse
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #100865 by Mrs Fuse
Replied by Mrs Fuse on topic Appeal
Thank you both for your prompt replies and advise. Will contact dwp and and request info once again.
Will keep you informed of appeal decision.... whenever that may be.

Once again your assistance is very much appreciated.

• Mrs Fuse
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #101031 by Mrs Fuse
Replied by Mrs Fuse on topic Appeal
I have today received the enquiry form from the Tribunals Service asking if i wish to continue with my appeal.

Whilst I feel very positive today, I know the stress caused as the process goes on will make my illness worse and I question whether it is worth it.

If I return the form stating I wish to continue, can I at any point withdraw my appeal and if so what is the procedure.

Many thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #101046 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Appeal

Mrs Fuse wrote: I have today received the enquiry form from the Tribunals Service asking if i wish to continue with my appeal.

Whilst I feel very positive today, I know the stress caused as the process goes on will make my illness worse and I question whether it is worth it.

If I return the form stating I wish to continue, can I at any point withdraw my appeal and if so what is the procedure.

Many thanks

Hi MF,

You can withdraw your appeal at any time by informing The TS in writing, obviously the more notice that you can give them the better.

Tribunal Hearings can seem quite daunting, however they are quite informal affairs. With ESA, there is only a Doctor and a Judge on the two person panel.

Have a look at this video, it may ease your concerns. :

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris