× Members

Please help

• Towser 297
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100853 by Towser 297
Please help was created by Towser 297
I have been placed into the Support Group because I got in touch with my MP. You mentioned the MP could speed things up a little and he did. His office phoned them one day and within a couple of so days, I was placed into the Support Group. I have recently been asked to go into the Job Centre to see my Personal Adviser. Is this compulsory now I am in the Support Group?

Thanks for all your help.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #100857 by
Replied by on topic Please help

Towser 297 wrote: I have been placed into the Support Group because I got in touch with my MP. You mentioned the MP could speed things up a little and he did. His office phoned them one day and within a couple of so days, I was placed into the Support Group. I have recently been asked to go into the Job Centre to see my Personal Adviser. Is this compulsory now I am in the Support Group?

Thanks for all your help.

Hi T297,

Well done on being placed into The SG. :)

No, you do not have to take part in WFI's or any WRA once you are in The SG, you can do so voluntarily.

If you have a written Decision Notice stating that you are in The SG, I would post a copy to The JCP Adviser.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could also phone them, informing them that you are now in The SG, and do not wish to take part in WFI's/WRA. (if that is the case)

Don't be badgered into "Volunteering" for anything if you don't wish to.

If you have any problems, re-contact your M.P.

bro58

• Tim
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100867 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Please help
Hi Bro58
I have just read T297 topic about being successfully placed in the SG after contacting his MP and I can only wish them good wishes because I was placed in the WRAG but felt I should be in the SG and like T297 I contacted my MP, well that was last June 2012 and it is still draging on. I have attended my two medicals with ATOS the last one being in February and I have to attend my 2nd Tribunal this Monday 18th March, I wish I had an efficent MP like T297. All this filling out forms is not helping my condition of depression my GP has tested me and my depression level is 20/27 - severe depression.
Tim
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100870 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Please help

Tim wrote: Hi Bro58
I have just read T297 topic about being successfully placed in the SG after contacting his MP and I can only wish them good wishes because I was placed in the WRAG but felt I should be in the SG and like T297 I contacted my MP, well that was last June 2012 and it is still draging on. I have attended my two medicals with ATOS the last one being in February and I have to attend my 2nd Tribunal this Monday 18th March, I wish I had an efficent MP like T297. All this filling out forms is not helping my condition of depression my GP has tested me and my depression level is 20/27 - severe depression.
Tim

At best you MP can only focus the attention of the DWP on your claim, they cannot interfere in the legal process, so for example if you have been waiting for a Tribunal hearing, then there is nothing that an MP can do to expidite this process,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100889 by cheekypink
Replied by cheekypink on topic Please help
I actually received a letter from my job centre BEFORE I received any notification from ESA saying I was in the Support Group. I called my job centre and the man was very helpful, he admitted that his office was extremely quick off the mark notifiying me that I was in the Support Group and that in due course they would contact me to have me in although he did say that he could not force me to look for work and he did say that likely as not he would only see me once as he understood I was not capable of working. I received my ESA notification 3 weeks later the date after my incapacity benefit stopped. :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100894 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Please help
If you are in the Support Group you do not have to attend any Work Focussed Interviews or take part in Work Related Activites..

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.