× Members

Which body instigates the review for ESA.

• cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100858 by cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk
Which body instigates the review for ESA. was created by cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk
I am wondering whether Atos or DWP instigates review. I was placed in support group after appeal upheld last March. Received eS50 in Jan, gutted but completed now got "face to face" next week. I have secondary progressive MS , do they think it will get better ? My award is contribution based so if put in WRAG again & I appeal does that still mean that benefit payment stops while waiting for Appeal? Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100863 by

cazdaw wrote: I am wondering whether Atos or DWP instigates review. I was placed in support group after appeal upheld last March. Received eS50 in Jan, gutted but completed now got "face to face" next week. I have secondary progressive MS , do they think it will get better ? My award is contribution based so if put in WRAG again & I appeal does that still mean that benefit payment stops while waiting for Appeal? Thanks

Hi c,

I have set your post as a separate topic, as tagging on to other topics can cause confusion to the Mods in trying to respond.

ATOS are not supposed to instigate an ESA WCA nor a Reassessment, unless they have a referral from The DWP to do so.

If the original WRAG decision was the first time that you have been in The WRAG, and this decision was "Remade" to an SG award as a result of appealing, as The SG award will have been backdated to the time of the original WRAG award, it will be as if you have never been in The WRAG.

Therefore, if you are again placed into The WRAG as a result of a reassessment, you will still have your 365 day entitlement to payment of CB ESA in The WRAG.

Of course, you would also have the right to appeal this decision if you wished.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

• cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #100866 by cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by cdaws@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Which body instigates the review for ESA.
:pinch: sorry bout my confusion on where placing posts, Ta for the info - Caz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.