× Members

iS IT WORTH PUTTING IN IN DLA FORM??

• megsie84
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100887 by megsie84
iS IT WORTH PUTTING IN IN DLA FORM?? was created by megsie84
Hi I have just been awarded the ehanced diasbilty rate for esa aka disability income scheme and I was wandering If it would be worth putting in a claim for dla seen as as it's extra money because of the disabilty income guarentee or is it a complety differnt kettle of fish??
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100891 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic iS IT WORTH PUTTING IN IN DLA FORM??

megsie84 wrote: Hi I have just been awarded the ehanced diasbilty rate for esa aka disability income scheme and I was wandering If it would be worth putting in a claim for dla seen as as it's extra money because of the disabilty income guarentee or is it a complety differnt kettle of fish??

I think you may be confusing two seperate things :)

If indeed you are receiving the Enhanced Disability Premium, then this is because you are receiving ESA(IR) and are in the Support Group.

DLA is a totally seperate benefit, although you can also receive the EDP if you are awarded DLA Higher Rate Care.

Being in the ESA Support Group recognises that you have a significant level of disability, and may mean that you would also be eligible for DLA, for example; if you qualified for the SG on the Mobilising descriptor then this would definitely suggest that you would meet the requirements for DLA High Rate Mobility, as the ESA test is more strict than the DLA one.

However, if it was for other reasons, then there is no direct correlation between ESA and any Care needs that you would need to demonstrate in order to receive a DLA award.

Please have a look at our DLA Claim guides, they will give you a better understanding of what is required, and if you feel you would be successful, how to apply for DLA, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: megsie84

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.