× Members

contribution based esa, hiher rates DLA & pensions

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101303 by lyndilou
I have read conflicting reports regarding Contribution based ESA and occupational pensions, some say that if you get higher rate DLA that they dont take any of your allowance away (as it was under the old IB) but some say they will. I have been on IB since about 2002 and the higher rate of both components DLA since around then too. The income from my occupational pensions was disregarded but I have been transferred to CB ESA and also last month it was confirmed my DLA would still be at the higher rates indefinitely. So will I have to loose so off the ESA allowance or not? It is very confusing if anyone can confirm either way I would be grateful
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101306 by slugsta
Anyone transferring to Contributary ESA from IB will have their pension treated the same way as they did under IB. Anyone else will have their pension taken into account and their ESA reduced if the pension is greater than £85 per week.

Will my pension be disregarded under ESA?

This disregard will continue as long as your claim is unbroken and you remain in receipt of payments. We are unsure of the situation if a claimant exhausts the 365 day WRAG limit but then is put into the Support Group at a later stage.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lyndilou

More
11 years 1 month ago #101316 by lyndilou
oops just noticed the spelling mistake! thank you very much for putting my mind at rest, I have just had a letter from Jobcentreplus asking how much my pensions will increase by next month so it did start me doubting.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101974 by langton
a lot of pension schemes that have an injury award, would insist you claim the incapacity benefit or you lose/charged a notional amount if you refused.
question, with esa being a new/different ruled benefit, what effect on people who get placed on wrag, and 365 days later, end up with no benefit.
do these pension schemes make up the loss by increasing payments under their guaranteed minimum income level, or refuse.
ie the support criteria looks a lot more difficult to qualify ??
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101978 by Gordon

langton wrote: a lot of pension schemes that have an injury award, would insist you claim the incapacity benefit or you lose/charged a notional amount if you refused.
question, with esa being a new/different ruled benefit, what effect on people who get placed on wrag, and 365 days later, end up with no benefit.
do these pension schemes make up the loss by increasing payments under their guaranteed minimum income level, or refuse.
ie the support criteria looks a lot more difficult to qualify ??

You would need to check the terms and conditions of the pension, as the contract is between you or your employer and the pension supplier, whilst the pension may be dependant on the benefits you receive, the reverse cannot be said.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.