× Members

Crossover

More
11 years 1 month ago #101453 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Crossover

Roidininki wrote: Gordon could you clarify further to what you said about LRM ?
I represent a claimant awarded this indefinitely because of a severe mental disorder.
She cannot go to places unknown to her without being accompanied. This must have been deemed a reason for the award? D'you think that will still stand when PIP comes in ?

I am not sure from your post, that the situation I referred to; those receiving LRM who also have problems walking, applies, but the logic is quite simple, PIP is about scoring points, whilst you can only score one "set" of points per descriptor, you can score multiple sets of points from multiple descriptors.

There are two sets of descriptors for the PIP Mobility award, the first are intended for those who have problems going out due to mental health issues, the second is for those who problems walking, so somone with problems going out and problems walking, will be able to score points from both.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101460 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic Crossover
That is explained very well Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.