× Members

ESA Income Related and Son Wages

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101450 by Lorraine
ESA Income Related and Son Wages was created by Lorraine
I am currenlty on Contrubtion based ESA until 7th June (12 months is then up). Filling in new ESA50 for Income Based I assumed and also filling in ESA3 about finances. It is asking my other income. I do not have a partner but a 20 year old son who is working and a 15 year old daughter.

"a working adult living in the house will not affect the personal allowance elements, ie benefit paid directly to you, of your income-related ESA (unless you are in receipt of middle or higher rate care DLA and therefore potentially entitled to a Severe Disability Premium)". Sadly not as I get higher rate DLA and lower rate Carers so this unfortunatly doesnot affect me.

But my son will be treated as a 'non-dependant' if you are claiming Housing/Council Tax Benefit. A deduction from these benefits will be made according to how much he earns (gross).

I do claim housing and council tax benefit, but I beleive some disabled element is taken into acounnt and this is why I an not affected on my current Contribution based ESA? But from what I understand they wll be a deduction from my benefits if I get Income Related ESA?.

Would any other benefits I am in receipt of actually stop this deduction from happening?
I have looked on my housing benefit form and these are taking into acount at present (on ESA contribution) Family Premuim, Disabled Child Premium, Young persons premium, Carers Premium (for my daughter who is 15 and gets DLA Middle Rate Care), Lone parent and ESA Work Related Compoent.

I would also like to ask if the above will ALL still me taken into account on Income Related or god forbid will any of these also be stopped?

I am appealing my current ESA contrubitons based (which finishes on 7th June) as I am in WRAG and should be in support group. If I win this and fingers crossed get into support group with income based ESA (even if I have to appeal once again to get it) am I right in saying that these dedections for my sons wages cant not happen?

I thank you in advanced, I am so stressed - seems unfair that my sons wages have to be taken into account as he is his own person with his own debts.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101456 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Income Related and Son Wages

Lorraine wrote: I am currenlty on Contrubtion based ESA until 7th June (12 months is then up). Filling in new ESA50 for Income Based I assumed and also filling in ESA3 about finances. It is asking my other income. I do not have a partner but a 20 year old son who is working and a 15 year old daughter.

"a working adult living in the house will not affect the personal allowance elements, ie benefit paid directly to you, of your income-related ESA (unless you are in receipt of middle or higher rate care DLA and therefore potentially entitled to a Severe Disability Premium)". Sadly not as I get higher rate DLA and lower rate Carers so this unfortunatly doesnot affect me.

But my son will be treated as a 'non-dependant' if you are claiming Housing/Council Tax Benefit. A deduction from these benefits will be made according to how much he earns (gross).

I do claim housing and council tax benefit, but I beleive some disabled element is taken into acounnt and this is why I an not affected on my current Contribution based ESA? But from what I understand they wll be a deduction from my benefits if I get Income Related ESA?.

Would any other benefits I am in receipt of actually stop this deduction from happening?
I have looked on my housing benefit form and these are taking into acount at present (on ESA contribution) Family Premuim, Disabled Child Premium, Young persons premium, Carers Premium (for my daughter who is 15 and gets DLA Middle Rate Care), Lone parent and ESA Work Related Compoent.

I would also like to ask if the above will ALL still me taken into account on Income Related or god forbid will any of these also be stopped?

I am appealing my current ESA contrubitons based (which finishes on 7th June) as I am in WRAG and should be in support group. If I win this and fingers crossed get into support group with income based ESA (even if I have to appeal once again to get it) am I right in saying that these dedections for my sons wages cant not happen?

I thank you in advanced, I am so stressed - seems unfair that my sons wages have to be taken into account as he is his own person with his own debts.

Hi L,

May I refer you back to your topic, here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#100372

And the advice contained therein.

It would be impossible to advise what would be classed as "Household Income" without knowing all your personal details. This is obviously not possible on an open forum.

This is why Gordon previously advised that you should seek face to face advice.

Just to clarify, The ESA50 has nothing to do with which type of ESA you are entitled to IR ESA or CB ESA.

The ESA50 is to assess your capabilities under The ESA WCA.

The ESA3, will be used to assess you financially to see whether you qualify for IR ESA.

You need to document all household income assets, capital and savings in The ESA3.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.