× Members

wrag

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101457 by valerie
wrag was created by valerie
hi i am going for my 1st work program assement today i have just found out that i can only be on the wrag program for 1 year is that right is wot happens then and how can i get on to the support group as my doctor dose not think i am going to get any better as i have sufferd from croinck depresion and anixanty panic attacks for a long time wot do i do thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101464 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic wrag

valerie wrote: hi i am going for my 1st work program assement today i have just found out that i can only be on the wrag program for 1 year is that right is wot happens then and how can i get on to the support group as my doctor dose not think i am going to get any better as i have sufferd from croinck depresion and anixanty panic attacks for a long time wot do i do thanks

Your time in the WRAG is only limited to a year if you currently receive Contribution Based ESA and you are not eligible to receive Income Related ESA due to income, saving and assets, or the hours that a partner works.

If this is the case, at the end of a the year, payments of your ESA(CB) cease and you will no longer be required to take part in WFIs and Work Related Activity, including the Work Programme.

If you are eligible for ESA(IR), then payments continue and you continue to be required to participate in the WP.

To be placed in the Support Group you need to meet one or more of the SG criteria, see

Qualifying for the Support Group

As your WRAG award was itself the result of a an appeal against a Fit for Work Decision, you can only challenge this, if you can show there has been an Error of Law, however, as I understand it you must begin this process within one month of the Tribunal Decision, and from your previous posts this Decision was made in December of last year, so this option is no longer available to you, however, I would recommend you still getting face to face advice to confirm this.

Your other alternative is to show that there has been a deterioration in your condition since the original Decision, not the Tribunal one. The burden of proof lies with you, and any evidence you collect must clearly show that you meet one of the SG criteria and that the deterioration is recent. Again, you might want to get face to face advice on this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: valerie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.