× Members

GL24 help

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101480 by Charlotte
GL24 help was created by Charlotte
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to fill in the GL24 form, but would appreciate some help. When writing my grounds for appeal, I find I'm going through several of the descriptors and writing why I think their initial assumptions aren't accurate and writing what problems I have with that activity. For example, because I said I can watch documentaries and use a computer, the report says I have no problem with sitting. That isn't true, but do I write why in the GL24 or keep it brief and general? There are many descriptors like that and not sure which ones to focus on or if I keep that to the appeal?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101484 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic GL24 help
Hi Charlotte,

It is perfectly accetpable to keep your GL24 brief at this stage and send in a more detailed submission with your extra evidence when you have it. However, your aim is to get a favourable decision as soon as possible so you should do your best to get things submitted in time for the reconsideration (which can take anything from a few days up to 6 or 7 months!). There is no benefit in holding anything back for the actual tribunal when a good submission could save things from getting that far.

How to submit an appeal

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

More
11 years 1 month ago #101494 by Derekq
Replied by Derekq on topic GL24 help
Hi Charlotte
Yes, as Mrs HB has said is the way I would go, the all important thing is to get that appeal in within the allotted time from your decision letter date.

Not sure if your appealing "0" points or maybe WRAG to SG ???

But you are on the right track, the descriptor you are going through I assume are the ones that you feel are not accurate assumptions made by the DM, if at this stage you have some form of medical reports/evidence from doctors/consultants now is the time to send these with your GL24.

When answering questions on the ESA50 you need to be ultra carefull what you say as you can easily shoot yourself in the foot. see the guides on B&W re; filling in the ESA50.

Getting back to the GL24, I stated on the GL24 that I did not agree with the decision made by the DM on certain descriptors that I believed applied to my conditions, I listed the descriptors that applied to myself, I stated that I believed that I should have been awarded SG on these descriptors, then gave them the reasons why I belived I qualified for the SG and the descriptors I fitted.

I had obtained from my GP's my medical records and had photo copied verious consultants/doctors letters relevent to the descriptors I was appealing against, I then took copys off the letters and sent this with my GL24 backing up what I have said above

Hope this may help.

Regards, Derek

More
11 years 1 month ago #101498 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic GL24 help
Thank you for all your advice - greatly appreciated :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.