× Members

New to B&W

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102417 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Thanks all at B&W, I've just ab out completed my form!
However I have just read on another topic, that 'it varies' didn't score any points.
I have ticked this on some questions and hopefully given reasons why It varies. so fingers crossed.

Another question if I may........completing the electronic version electronic of the form has taken a while.
Is it likely the DWP might assume if you can do this you are ok to work at keyboard etc?

thanks again

Hi Jm,

There is nothing wrong with ticking "it varies" if that statement is applicable to that particular activity.

The danger lies, if the claimant simply ticks "it varies" and then does not provide details of how often, and how it varies.

You should remember that to be classed as being able to carry out any of the activities, you must be able to carry them out "Repeatedly, Reliably and Safely", for the "Majority" of the time. if you can't carry them out as above then you should not be classed as being able to do them at all. So you should state how it varies after ticking "it varies".

You do not have to tick any option, if you feel that they are not applicable. You can simply make written comment as to what is applicable to you.

Make the ESA50 fit your limitations, rather than you fitting it.

They may make such an assumption, however if you have struggled to fill it in, or someone else has helped to fill it in for you, you could explain this in the box provided for "other information"

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago #102420 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Thank you so much bro. good advice.

"Make the ESA50 fit your limitations, rather than you fitting it."

• Justme
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102780 by Justme
Replied by Justme on topic New to B&W
Hi all,
Although I completed my ESA50 I have not sent it off yet as the letter said it is due by 26th April.I was planning to post it Monday.
I have two questions: first is that my nurse referred me for physio, appointment was today and I have further appointment in 4 weeks time. I had not mentioned physio on ESA 50 as the appointment was made really quickly and I wasn’t aware of a definite referral until a phone call yesterday afternoon. Long story but my question is: how do I now introduce physio details into my questionnaire? I have had physio in the past but it didn’t help that much, in fact my GP at the time said it can sometimes make things worse, hence my reluctance.
Second question; I received the second letter reminding me the questionnaire has not been sent yet. It tells me to return the questionnaire to ‘the address at the top of this letter’ which is a different address to the original enclosed envelope address. Which one do I send it to?
Many many thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102783 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W

Justme wrote: Hi all,
Although I completed my ESA50 I have not sent it off yet as the letter said it is due by 26th April.I was planning to post it Monday.
I have two questions: first is that my nurse referred me for physio, appointment was today and I have further appointment in 4 weeks time. I had not mentioned physio on ESA 50 as the appointment was made really quickly and I wasn’t aware of a definite referral until a phone call yesterday afternoon. Long story but my question is: how do I now introduce physio details into my questionnaire? I have had physio in the past but it didn’t help that much, in fact my GP at the time said it can sometimes make things worse, hence my reluctance.
Second question; I received the second letter reminding me the questionnaire has not been sent yet. It tells me to return the questionnaire to ‘the address at the top of this letter’ which is a different address to the original enclosed envelope address. Which one do I send it to?
Many many thanks.

You can mention it in your answers to the specific questions on the ESA50, so for example, if it is in connection to your walking then this would be question 1, there is also an other information section towards the end of the form.

However, you should be aware that there will be an assumption that treatment will result in improvement, so make sure that you make it clear that this was not stated at the time you returned the form.

I would send it back in the original envelope to the address specified on it. Remember that the return date is the date it needs to be with ATOS, not when you need to post it by.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Justme

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102808 by blue eyes
Replied by blue eyes on topic New to B&W
hi im also new to this site and am filling in a dla form on line , i just cannot motivate myself to do this as the questions are overwhelming me, im hoping to get motivation/help as i just feel like giving up i feel i cant do this.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102818 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New to B&W

blue eyes wrote: hi im also new to this site and am filling in a dla form on line , i just cannot motivate myself to do this as the questions are overwhelming me, im hoping to get motivation/help as i just feel like giving up i feel i cant do this.

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I think the thing you have to keep reminding yourself is that if you do not complete and return the forms, you will not be paid anything for DLA.

Have a look at our DLA Claim guides in the members area

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

and if you have any question, please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.