× Members

Review of DLA

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101529 by knockveiw
Review of DLA was created by knockveiw
Hi I was wondering if someone may know the answer to this,I got a DLA reveiw form recently,which took me over a week to fill in owing to my bad health,I attend the GP alot and asked him to write a report on my behalf,he said if he did this for everyone that asked him he would have no time to do anything else(I see his point)so he printed of four or five pages of my conditions/medication etc stamped it and signed it,he said that shows your conditions 100% and all up to date.I got a telephone call the other day from the GP asking me to go and see him as DLA has sent him forms on me.What is this about?.Also I would like to know why all the pages on these forms have bar codes,is it that the DLA team put it through computers for reading or do they sit down an manally go through each and every word one writes.Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101533 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Review of DLA

knockveiw wrote: Hi I was wondering if someone may know the answer to this,I got a DLA reveiw form recently,which took me over a week to fill in owing to my bad health,I attend the GP alot and asked him to write a report on my behalf,he said if he did this for everyone that asked him he would have no time to do anything else(I see his point)so he printed of four or five pages of my conditions/medication etc stamped it and signed it,he said that shows your conditions 100% and all up to date.I got a telephone call the other day from the GP asking me to go and see him as DLA has sent him forms on me.What is this about?.Also I would like to know why all the pages on these forms have bar codes,is it that the DLA team put it through computers for reading or do they sit down an manally go through each and every word one writes.Thanks

Hi kv,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

It is highly likely that The DLA Unit have sent a G.P. Factual Report, (GPFR) to your G.P. to provide information to them to help them come to a decision.

See information on the links below, regarding this :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-1pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-6pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

It should be beneficial for you to discuss this with your G.P., and should be viewed positively, as many G.P.'s simply fill these in without consulting their patients.

When discussing this with your G.P., you should remember that is the care needs and mobility limitations that you suffer as a result of your medical conditions that are important, more so than the conditions themselves.

Have a look at our : DLA Guides

And our : DLA FAQ’s

You may also find information from the links below helpful :

DM Guide AA & DLA :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

I should imagine that the bar codes are used for administration purposes, and to tie you to the claim form.

Please re-post to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.