× Members

ESA Appeal

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101530 by JLP
ESA Appeal was created by JLP
I have used this forum a few times recently. I have been moved from IB to ESA WRAG. I have put in an appeal. I have written 2 letters to the DWP, both were sent 1st class and singed for, to ask for the decision notes on my claim. Before the last letter I posted on the 19.2.13 I made a phone call to the DWP, they said the notes would be sent out within 5 days. It has now been weeks since that phone call and nothing has arrived.

By my reckoning the 1 month deadline will be up over the Easter holidays. They have clearly got no intention of sending me this info. What do I do now? I have prepared some of my case, but I am guessing what they have said. Should I send what I have done so far?

At one time you could write to the manager of the office, but I notice the managers name is not on any of my letters. Is that an option do you think?

I am very worried about this can you offer me any advice, please.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101539 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Appeal

JLP wrote: I have used this forum a few times recently. I have been moved from IB to ESA WRAG. I have put in an appeal. I have written 2 letters to the DWP, both were sent 1st class and singed for, to ask for the decision notes on my claim. Before the last letter I posted on the 19.2.13 I made a phone call to the DWP, they said the notes would be sent out within 5 days. It has now been weeks since that phone call and nothing has arrived.

By my reckoning the 1 month deadline will be up over the Easter holidays. They have clearly got no intention of sending me this info. What do I do now? I have prepared some of my case, but I am guessing what they have said. Should I send what I have done so far?

At one time you could write to the manager of the office, but I notice the managers name is not on any of my letters. Is that an option do you think?

I am very worried about this can you offer me any advice, please.

Hi JLP,

I would advise that you do not miss your one month deadline to appeal.

You could write in The GL24/Letter, that you have requested documentation from The DWP, which has not yet arrived, but will provide further relevant information, once they do arrive.

You may find some helpful information in this post that I wrote earlier :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=97486#101525

If you wish to complain, see :

Complaining to The DWP

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101543 by JLP
Replied by JLP on topic ESA Appeal
Hi, Thank you... I havent got the document you suggested. I just wrote a letter appealing the decision. Shall I include that in a covering letter? is that good enough?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #101551 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Appeal

JLP wrote: Hi, Thank you... I havent got the document you suggested. I just wrote a letter appealing the decision. Shall I include that in a covering letter? is that good enough?

Hi JCP,

Yes you can, or you could transfer the information in the letter over to a GL24 Form which can be downloaded and printed off from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

A letter is acceptable though if you want to appeal that way.

Just make sure that you make it clear that you are "Appealing" the decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.