× Members

92 day rule E&SA

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101568 by Poppy
92 day rule E&SA was created by Poppy
Hi there, hope you can help. I have been receiving assessment rate E&SA since 30 Jan 13, I have now been notified that I have been put in the support group for 18 months but not untill 4th May when my payments will increase from £71 to £106. When I asked why I have to remain in the assessment phase untill May they told me that their is a 92 day rule, what ever that means, I dont know! I said if I qualify now to be in the support group why do I have to wait. Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101572 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 92 day rule E&SA
The 'assessment period' last for 13 weeks. Many people find that the decision takes far longer than this to be made and they get back-payments from DWP. It seems that, in your case, the decision was made speedily and you will have to wait until the first day of the 14th week for the main phase payments to start. If you go straight into the Support Group after this assessment phase it will not count towards the 365 days.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101575 by Poppy
Replied by Poppy on topic 92 day rule E&SA
Thank you so much, can I just clarify that if or when I go into the WRAG group that is when my 365 days will start counting down and will lnot include my 13 weeks in the assessment phase, thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 92 day rule E&SA

Karen Greaves wrote: Thank you so much, can I just clarify that if or when I go into the WRAG group that is when my 365 days will start counting down and will lnot include my 13 weeks in the assessment phase, thanks

Yes, any assessment period that results in the claimant being put into the Support Group, does not count towards the 365 day limit, so the "clock" will only start if you are placed in the WRAG or you are Found Fit for Work (and appeal), following a new assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poppy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.