× Members

DWP visit

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101605 by chrissy v
DWP visit was created by chrissy v
Hi all,

I had a lady come to my home this morning from DWP, she said my name had come up on their computor system at randam for a benefits payment check, how bizzare in over 20 years this has never happened before is it tribunal linked i'm thinking.
Anyway she went through everything with me, and she seemed to be under the impression that i was entitled to more money than i'm getting because i have a disability benefit HRM something about i should get IR as well as CB the difference being at least £20 per week her words not mine, also she mentioned i could appeal the bedroom tax on hardship grounds something the councils and government are keeping to themselves, i do know B/W don;t deal in this area but thought it was worth a mention.
She filled in all the forms and also just had me sign them and said she was going to check on my situation.

Chrissy V
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101608 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP visit
Hi chrissy,

It sounds as if you have been reviewed under the 'Right Payment Program', I think this probaably is just coincidence. I hope that you are able to get a little more financial help as a result of this.

The Right Payment Programme

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

More
11 years 1 month ago #101616 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic DWP visit
Hi MHB i hope you are well,

I hope so too, i was not informed that anyone was coming she just turned up out of the blue, also not one of my better days today so not a pretty sight when she turned up.
Apparently DWP staff are having to learn about different benefits she normally works in a JCP office, but has had to have training to go out to peoples homes.
It still smells of a rat to me it's been 2 weeks since i sent a submission to the tribunal service.

CV

More
11 years 1 month ago #101630 by chrissy v
Mrs H,

Is;nt the right payment program for DLA and not ESA as the lady concerned seem to be talking about ESA not DLA . It was me who told her that i received HRM DLA, maybe i am just completely confused, as i said not one of my better days.

Chrissy V

More
11 years 1 month ago #101631 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP visit
I am surprised that someone turned up unannounced!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago #101632 by chrissy v
So was i , but they certainly did, thats why i smell a rat MRH .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.